Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speaker grills

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Speaker grills

As I looked through everyones setup...which providing me with enjoyment for hours at work...I noticed everyone removes the grill covers...is this just for picture puropses?

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default Re: Speaker grills

Originally posted by hexumjunkie
    As I looked through everyones setup...which providing me with enjoyment for hours at work...I noticed everyone removes the grill covers...is this just for picture puropses?
    Typically, the less between you and the speaker drivers is best. I leave my grills on for aesthetic purposes.

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Mine are on....the silver face is to bright, so when you turn out the lights to watch a movie you can really see the speakers...and because my wife says so....;)
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I leave them on...
    1)'cause I have no place good to stash them.
    2)I'm less likely to stick something through a driver with them on.

Some speaker makers claim their grills are designed to improve the sound, but I think that's BS. I suspect most people tend to leave them on, but take them off for pictures. Why? 'cause all those drivers & tweeters look f---ing sweet!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I too leave mine on - but I have seen charts were people have measured freqency responce with them on and with them off. There is a small, but measureable, difference. I haven't tried to do any blind tests to determine if there is an audible difference. I suspect there is a small degradation, I mean who would want to have a conversation with someone speaking on the other side of a curtain?

Besides, I have two young children and the tweeters would be too tempting - a little finger might have fun pushing it in and I don't want to try pulling it back out.

Labrat

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Originally posted by labrat
    . I mean who would want to have a conversation with someone speaking on the other side of a curtain?

Labrat
    only at confession !!!

Most recording studios use a type of nylon just before the mic, if you like 'em on leave em on if you don't then don't
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Thread Information