Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Thumbs up Million Dollar Baby

there is a reason this movie is 4 stars out of 4 stars.

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Man is it good.

You know sometimes the critics are actually right about a movie. :D

Check out this movie if you like good acting, good story, well developed characters, and good directing.

Hillary Swank, Morgan Freeman, and Clint Eastwood will all win awards for their performances in Million Dollar Baby. The movie will touch you on some level.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Just watched it on DVD, and I agree. When a movie hits you on such an emotional level, it stays with you for quite a while.
    Polk LSi9 Mains, Polk LSIC Center, Polk RT25i Surrounds, Polk M3II Rear Surround, SVS PB10-ISD Sub, Denon AVR 2809 (as digital pre/pro only), Sony BDP-S350, Oppo DV-981HD, Cambridge Audio Azur 540C (CD), Marantz MM9000 5-ch amp, Outlaw ICBM, Panasonic th-42PX85u HDTV, Behringer BFD Pro, Monster Power HTS 2600 Conditioner

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default are you saying....

...this movie is on DVD already?

Originally posted by Whadyasay
    Just watched it on DVD, and I agree. When a movie hits you on such an emotional level, it stays with you for quite a while.
    "I'm sure it's better than it sounds."

Mark Twains' response, when asked what he
    thought of Wagners music.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Not yet...a friend of mine is on the Screen Actors Guild Awards comittee and got a 'for your consideration' DVD screener...I've seen a bunch of current theatrical releases this way. Surprisingly, all the DVD's have full 5.1 DD mixes and pretty good picture quality, just like regular DVD releases.

Anyway, I think it would be a shame if Hillary Swank didn't win the Oscar this year. She steals your heart in this film. This is a film that was shot and edited in about six months...no pre-screening...limited release. As a working producer and editor of independent films, I can see why it was finished so quickly...in a GOOD way. When you have a wonderful little story and wonderful actors, there's really not much you need to do...it's one of those rare instances when the film basically produces itself (not to say the directing et al was negligible). The viewer gets so involved emotionally with the characters right from the outset, that it becomes the only real element you need in moving things along. Sometimes I ask myself: How was the editing, how was the camera work, how was the sound, etc....and usually I have opinions one way or another. On Million Dollar Baby, I didn't care.

Three days after seeing the film, I'm still thinking about it. That says a lot about a movie, and it's no wonder that it's gotten the accolades it has. This is a story that stays with you.
    Polk LSi9 Mains, Polk LSIC Center, Polk RT25i Surrounds, Polk M3II Rear Surround, SVS PB10-ISD Sub, Denon AVR 2809 (as digital pre/pro only), Sony BDP-S350, Oppo DV-981HD, Cambridge Audio Azur 540C (CD), Marantz MM9000 5-ch amp, Outlaw ICBM, Panasonic th-42PX85u HDTV, Behringer BFD Pro, Monster Power HTS 2600 Conditioner

Originally posted by Whadyasay
    Three days after seeing the film, I'm still thinking about it. That says a lot about a movie, and it's no wonder that it's gotten the accolades it has. This is a story that stays with you.
    very true. several hours after i finished viewing it.. i was still emotionally affected by the flim.

Go see this movie everyone. It'll be a darn shame if you miss it. I liked the theater experience on this movie.

Default and the Oscar goes to....

oh yeah. movie of the year.

Best director
    best supporting actor
    best leading female actress.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Looks like this movie is....

....a knock down winner.
    I've heard it really packs an emotional punch

Of course the wait for the DVD just got alot longer.

Good on you Clint!

-Luc
    "I'm sure it's better than it sounds."

Mark Twains' response, when asked what he
    thought of Wagners music.

don't wait for the DVD. go see it at the theater. it's a place with a big screen and popcorn. :p

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Best movie I've seen in a theater in a long time. First movie I can ever recall causing the entire audience to be quiet. No candy rustlers or popcorn munchers existed for the last twenty minutes or so.

This movie deserved all the awards it won.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin

Thread Information