Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question SRS Series 2 price estimate

My home theater is being turned into a nursery (new baby), I have a pair of Polk SRS Series 2 speakers that I've loved over the years, but they're just too big for our house now. Does anyone know what they're worth now? I'm wondering if I should put them on ebay or what. Any suggestions? (maybe put them in storage until I get a bigger house, or use them to drown out the baby crying, or use them as a really big baby monitor so we can hear the cries in full stereo in another room?) - Sorry for the rambling. If location is an issue for prices, I'm in Phoenix.

Nathan

nathan@n8jones.com

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Assuming the model you're referring to is the SRS 2, probably in the $500-600 range.

See here:

http://www.polksda.com/ebay.shtml

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Those are some very desirable speakers and you don't see the SRS 2 on eBay very often. If you put them up for bid you'll probably fetch what you are looking for them; but you might regret it later as those are virtually irreplaceable once you sell them.

There are a few folks from Arizona here in the forum; they might be interested in a local look-see and pickup if you want to sell them.

Pick a price and put them up in the Flea Market. I'm sure there may be some interested folks in here especially if you don't mind a forum member checking them out as a reference since you are new.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

You should talk to member Brettw22, he's in your neck of the woods, and looking for a pair of 'large' SDA's.

FWIW, I paid $400 for mine, in a package deal from the original owner.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I'm down in Tucson. Think these would be much of an upgrade from my 1C's?

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I've not heard the SRS 2, but the 1Cs are IMO one of the best, if not the best model of the SDA line that I've heard for music. I love my SRS, but there are some days I like my 1Cs as much if not better.

I've not heard the SRS 2 referred to with the same "love" as the 1Cs...

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Thanks, polksda. I guess I should probably put that money into the new tweeters first. I'm trying to make my mind up as to whether I should do a crossover upgrade on these 1C's or wait till I get a set of SRS's or 1.2's.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Wes,
    Personally I'd opt for the SRS 2's over the 1C's... not a night and day difference, but the 2's dig deeper and are more efficient to boot.

Won't disagree with polksda's comment on the relative love displayed, but I'd attribute it to the SRS 2's being a rarer bird. For sure you see far fewer SRS 2's for sale...

If they are still available, they'd be worth the road trip to check 'em out for yourself.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I'll say that if there's anyway you could store them and keep them, that would be my first choice. I couldn't imagine giving up those speakers...but if life dictates that they must go, then I hope you'll be able to seel them here to keep them in the family.

Good luck
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thread Information