Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Panny DVD players....

Well I already bought one before posting this. Just wondering if anyone has a thought about them.

I bought a new one on Ebay for a very good price. Saved myself about 30 dollars.

Just a quick history. My old DVD player died. It was a Toshiba and I had it for 5 years with 100's of DVD's played in it. But from what I am reading on the internet that a lot of people have not been very thrilled with the new batch of DVD players that Tosh has been selling. A lot of DOA's and if not DOA then a very short life span...less than a year in most cases.

It also seems like Sony, and JVC are going with cheaper parts also. I have seen a lot of complaint's about both of them.

So I find this Panisonic on Ebay Panny and for the price it surprisingly got very high reviews, and customers are raving about it. So for 54 dollars on Ebay I thought...what the hell?? I'll give it a go.

FYI- was not looking at spending a whole lot of money, but even the higher priced players were getting a lot of trash reviews. except for Denon and Marantz..but I did not have the cash for that.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I have 3 different generations of Panasonics through-out the house, all of them surpass the 2 Toshiba models I had in picture quality terms.

I haven't owned anything but those two brands...someone else might chime in with other brand comparisons. Keep in mind I'm not a big "video geek", but to my eyes the panny's have very good picture quality.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Panny's are fine until you(or I should say me) get into big screen sizes. I finally had to get a Denon2200 to be happy on my 57".

Regards,
    PT

Thread Information