Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Thread: Wts Psw202

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Default Wts Psw202

local pick-up or with in 2hrs driving (no box) (I do have it cept my wife has it designated for xmas ornaments) I do have the manual

it's 1yr old never had to be serviced, no scratches, dents.

Looking to get about 100$ CAD

I'll post pics as soon as I can
    Good for a second sub, bedroom system or starter system.

reason for selling, got a new sub !!

Stereo55 can vouch for me as a buyer he did receive my money order!!

Thanks for looking
    JF
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Buy with confidence !!! Willow is a top-notch person to deal with . ;) :D

Thanks Stereo !!
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Willow,
    Get that box back from your wife! Spend $2 at a packaging supply and you will add to the value of your sub by more than 10x. Everyone wants the original box.

only if someone wants a box that has been graffitied with a sharpie that says Xmas, Fragile...

I'm not in a panic to sell if I do great if I don't oh well...

I see you have the s8.2 I just got the s10.2 and love it it kills the 202

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Willow [/i]
    [B]I see you have the s8.2 I just got the s10.2 and love it it kills the 202 [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I have two s8.2 in my living room/HT. I heard the s10.2 back when I was shopping for my original Take 5.2 system. The system lost musicality with the 10". At the time, I asked Energy about matching the 10" to the Take 5.2 if I moved to a larger room and they recommended getting a second s8.2 if I ever needed more output. Turns out that was a great recommendation. My two 8" have more output than a single 10" and they retain the musicality that I loved. Sadly though, I will probably have to get rid of one of my s8.2 soon. That is a trade-off for getting a pair of RT800i to replace a pair of RT25i that will be going to the rear.

Interesting I found it adds to mine. I was going to get the xl e12 but that was not musical what so ever and has the same engine as the s10.2. Not sure if the 8's have this but do they have 2 Rca inputs on the back one for xover and an input one? if so which one are you using? do you find the auto on is a tadd sensitive?

[B]Interesting I found it adds to mine. I was going to get the xl e12 but that was not musical what so ever and has the same engine as the s10.2. Not sure if the 8's have this but do they have 2 Rca inputs on the back one for xover and an input one? if so which one are you using? do you find the auto on is a tadd sensitive? [/B][/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to say that the s10.2 is not musical. It just didn't match well with the Take 5.2 system. With the Take's small 3.5" drivers, I needed a sub that sounded good with a higher crossover setting.

X-over is for receivers with built in crossover/level control on their Sub/LFE output. When using the X-over input, the subwoofer's level control and crossover are disabled.

The Input connection is for older receivers that output full signal to the sub output. Its not the most intuitive setup, but it is somewhat explained in the manual.

The auto on is very sensitive for a reason. You don't want to miss a beat when the sub is needed. Most complain that other subs are not sensitive enough and it takes them awhile to realize that they should be making some noise.
    Last edited by billbillw; 03-22-2005 at 03:56 PM.

Bill,

sorry I misprinted what I meant I didn't mean to say you said it wasn't musical.

As for the xover one the problem I have is that I can't control the volume on the sub I have to turn the gain down on the receiver which I don't like to do. That's why I chose the other route and turned the xover to the max, and I have full volume controle

Default pics

pic of sub 1
    Attached Images  

Default pic

pic 2
    Attached Images  

Default pics

pic3
    sorry don't know how to put them all in one post
    Attached Images  

[B]As for the xover one the problem I have is that I can't control the volume on the sub I have to turn the gain down on the receiver which I don't like to do. That's why I chose the other route and turned the xover to the max, and I have full volume controle [/B][/QUOTE]

If you have the sub connected to the Input jack (as opposed to the X-over jack) then you are putting the signal through an extra crossover, which probably degrades the signal slightly.

Many prefer to control the sub level with the reciever. That way you calibrate it to the proper levels with a sound meter and it stays that way. Good receivers have a level memory for each input and you never have to fuss with it. If you want to go up or down a couple of clicks, its easy with the remote control and you can see exactly how far off the setting is. You don't have to worry about the knob getting bumped all the way up or down while dusting. To each his own I guess.

Default pics

another
    Attached Images  

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by billbillw [/i]
    [B]If you have the sub connected to the Input jack (as opposed to the X-over jack) then you are putting the signal through an extra crossover, which probably degrades the signal slightly.

Many prefer to control the sub level with the reciever. That way you calibrate it to the proper levels with a sound meter and it stays that way. Good receivers have a level memory for each input and you never have to fuss with it. If you want to go up or down a couple of clicks, its easy with the remote control and you can see exactly how far off the setting is. You don't have to worry about the knob getting bumped all the way up or down while dusting. To each his own I guess. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try and see what comes out of it , it's the only way

thanks

I use the Xover input on mine and it sounds great. I used the regular input and it sounded great too. I kinda like controlling the sub with my receiver

[B]Bill,

sorry I misprinted what I meant I didn't mean to say you said it wasn't musical.

As for the xover one the problem I have is that I can't control the volume on the sub I have to turn the gain down on the receiver which I don't like to do. That's why I chose the other route and turned the xover to the max, and I have full volume controle [/B][/QUOTE]
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72

interesting how when you buy something you notice all these others with the same.

And how do you like yours? what about dislikes?

the only complaint I have is it can tend to be boomy, alot of that is due to the location, I believe, however. I had a Sony SA-WM40 with mods before the Energy and the Energy is simply better. The Sony did have a problem with turning on in time so the sensitivity of the auto on is perfect for me. My room size is 13x15 and it fills it nicely. Nice for HT. I do not use it much for music so no input on that. Deep bass is lacking being a 10". I ran a cycle test and could hear 20 cycles on my 12" Sony but could barely hear it on the Energy.
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72

I can get the box if needed. Don't have the pre-shaped styro though.

Thread Information