Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy CRAP!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Holy CRAP!

Sorry for the sorta misleading title there, but that is exactly the words that came out of my mouth not once, but twice today in regards to my new Monitor seven speakers that UPS delivered today.

The first time those words came out of my mouth was when I picked up the box they were in and realized I had to carry them up a flight of stairs. Man those things are heavy.

The second time those words eminated from my mouth was when I finished hooking them up and put a cd into the player and hit the play button. Man these things sound great.

This is my frst foray into the world of Hi-Fi. I started this journey by looking on ebay for the best set of speakers I could find for the best price. I looked at everything from Bose to Def Tech to Klipsch to Polk. For whatever reason these monitor sevens spoke to me. I got them for $165 including shipping. I could not be happier. I am currently playing them with a pioneer vsx-452 reciever and a pioneer DV-578A dvd/cd player. Hopefully pretty soon I will be upgrading to a better amp/cd/phono. But for now I am more than pleased.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Congrats! New speakers are almost always fun@!
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (0)

And they'll sound even better after they've had a chance to break in!!
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655

Old School

If after 20 years they're not already broken in....

Congrats S-72, which 7's/ tweeter?

Get 'em on some low stands/ bases that angle them back 15 degrees or so and they'll sparkle even more...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

I work for a steel fab shop so I am having the guys in the shop make me some stands. When you say low, apprx. how tall would you make them?

As for which tweeter and which 7's, I will have to look a little closer tonight. I was to busy listening to notice last night :)
    Last edited by Spawndn72; 04-01-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Old School

Here's a thread doro posted with the info for stands for Monitors 5, 7, and 10...

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/...tor+AND+stands
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (11)

congrats on your new to you monitor 7's. they do sound really good huh? :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Thanks very much for the link. I guess I will go tell the shop to shorten up mine some. I had them 2'-0 tall. I designed them before I actually got the speaker. The speaker is much bigger than I imagined that it would be. I was thinking that 2'-0 was to tall, now you have confirmed it.

Thanks,
    Todd

Thread Information