Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Default FS: Adcom GFA-545, NAD 917 Preamp

I have a couple of items I'm going to unload...don't really need them anymore...

NAD AND ADCOM ARE SOLD!
    NAD AND ADCOM ARE SOLD!

Items #1 -
    [B]Adcom GFA-545[/B] - ******!SOLD!******

[B]Condition[/B] - The condition is good, there is a slightly scratch on the faceplate, and a couple of scuffs on the top of the unit. Overall, it is in good shape, but it shows its age. This faceplate is darker than the series II and looks alot better, IMO...
    - There are three scratches, one on each side of the amp, right on the edge where the grooved edges are at the top, and there is a vertical scratch at the top on the left side... not noticeable.

[B]Overall -[/B] This is an excellent amp, I really hate to unload it, but honestly - I need the cash. So, really - I need to. The unit works flawlessly, never been abused, cleaned with any type of stupid cleaning substances. Everything functions as it should function. It is an excellent amp capable of driving most any speakers.

It has a warmer sound than the series II.

[B]Specs -[/B]
    100x2 8 ohms
    150(?)x2 4 ohms
    .04 THD

Accepts up to 12 awg wire, nanners, etc...
    Also has upgraded RCA terminals from our good buddy Russ
    Clipping lights, etc etc

[B]Price -[/B]
    $190.00 + Shipping (looking at 210-230 shipped)

Item #2 -
    [B]NAD 917 5.1 Preamp[/B] - ***********!SOLD!*********
    [B]Condition -[/B] This unit is like MINT, I think there may be a small scratch on the volume knob, but other than that, you would have to be one picky SOB to care... extremely clean. The top may have a scuff here and there, but you won't see it. Extremely clean unit.

[B]Overall -[/B] This unit functions as should, and has the remote. I have the manual as well I believe, pretty sure I do. The unit sounds EXCELLENT in 2 channel playback, which is why I bought it to start with. It holds its own against my B&K PT5, which is a stellar 2-channel preamp. It has the support to run 5.1 Pro Logic... has a few other features here and there, but this Unit, IMO is worth every penny just got 2-channel playback, just extremely clean and straight forwards...

[B]Specs -[/B]
    5.1 Pro Logic
    Excellent 2 channel playback
    Not sure what to tell ya about a preamp
    Has a tuner...
    remote
    manual
    rather deep unit
    extremely clean

Blah blah blah blah

[B]Price -[/B]
    $150.00 + Shipping (looking at 170-180 shipped)

[SIZE=4]I WILL NOT SHIP TO CANADA - DO NOT ASK ME TO[/SIZE]

[B]Payment Methods -[/B] Money Order only...I don't have paypal, or the patience for personal checks. So M/O only.

I don't 'do' PMs for sales, you want any - post here

I will post pics tommorow, it is 1:15 am right now, I can't sleep - but alas, I just remembered I could unload gear...so WHY NOT right?? hehe

Until then, here is a picture to hold you folks over, I will clean them up before I take the pics, I am sure they have 'finger prints' and what not, so don't give me grief...

[IMG]http://www.eandr.biz/DDSComponents.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by VR3; 04-05-2005 at 10:40 PM.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (1)

How much for the VCR? I've been in the market for one of those for a while now.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

If you can wait until this weekend for me to send the money order out, I would like to have the adcom.

I live in Missouri, but I was wondering if you could ship to Canada??? :D

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Is the spider web included or is that extra? Also, can you ship to Alberta?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Here are some more pictures...

The Adcom's top does have more damage than I remembered. However, I will say that it is not THAT noticeable as the pictures make it out to be, the flash magnifies it ALOT. There are like huge scuffs where it seems something was dragged across the top... the corner isn't noticeable from the front (see picture) It has two marks on the top of the faceplate, not noticeable. Overall the condition is in good condition, once it is in your rack or w/e...you won't even notice 90% of the damage... The sound of the unit is excellent, holds its own against my B&K amp easily... extremely powerful

The NAD is practically flawless! There are a few marks on the volume knob, but thats IT. This unit usually goes for 180-200 on EBay in FAIR condition... this is mint, with remote and manual...

Excellent unit, particularly for 2-channel playback with the possibilities of upgrading to 5.1 later...

Also, VCR is for sale for 500 + cost of replacement VCR + Shipping

Cob Web is for sale for no more than 20 dollars + labor to remove it without damage.

I will DEFINETELY ship to Canada, MI (zip code?)

As for the weekend, thats wonderful, I'll get er boxed up in the next 10 minutes...haha
    Last edited by VR3; 04-04-2005 at 02:49 PM.

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Dangit, wont let me attach pics via URL...so here we go...post whore beware

Front of the unit - Adcom

Let me see here....

Rear of the Adcom, note the upgraded RCA terminals, 12 awg binders too...rare for the Adcoms, most just accept 16 awg

Here is the top of the Adcom, AGAIN - the scuffs are *NOT* NOT NOT that obvious, they are a light/dark grey color...once into place, all of it goes away...

As a side note, you could ALWAYS repaint the top with truck bed liner, infact - that might even add damping to it and what not...

So if the top bothers you, 8 bucks at your local auto-zone!
    Last edited by VR3; 04-04-2005 at 02:58 PM.

Here is the damaged corner of the Adcom. I couldnt tell you what happened here for the life of me as it happened with one of the past owners. This 'ding' is NOT that noticeable from the front, but is definetely noticeable from the side. I am 100% sure a touch of with a perm. marker would do wonders...

Here is the NAD...this thing is freakin FLAWLESS, can't stress that enough, just absolutely 99.99% perfect, aside from the light knick on the volume knob, I doubt you can see it!

Here is the faceplate and top...as you can see...again...FLAWLESS, the entire unit is like this!

Here is the back...lots of controls and hook ups...

Here is the remote...yup, it has a remote...go figure...This definetely isn't for Russ! :p

[QUOTE]As for the weekend, thats wonderful, I'll get er boxed up in the next 10 minutes...haha [/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean there, I would like the amp, but I won't have the funds until this weekend. If you can wait then that would be great, if not then that's fine too. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Todd

Weekend is fine, I will get it boxed up now...

So your 100%, correct? I will consider it sold...

Yep, if the weekend is good with you, it is sold. Please pm me your address and I will have the money order in the mail on Saturday.

Thanks,
    Todd

PM sent, considered sold! Thank you kind sir!

Adcom is packed up, with lots of cardboard and medium size bubble wrap surrounding it...

About 2" of clearance all way around...

I'd post a pic, but you won't like the box, I need tape...DUCT TAPE...aisle 1!

NAD Dib List -
    TKN

Anymore takers takers?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Nad 917

I've got a Nad 2400 crying for a matching pre-amp!
    Question 1:I am looking to use it with a pair of RTI6's and a Kef sub. Will it do the 2.1 as well as it does regular stereo?
    Question 2: Any squeeze room on the price?
    (yes,I'm a cheap SOB)
    Question 3: What payment types you do perfer? Money order?
    Paypal?

*sigh*

This isnt entirely directed to you, but I hate making posts that people don't read ;) hehe :p (tounge and cheek)

BUT ANYWAYS...

This does EXCELLENT 2-channel playback... it was my main preamp for music for a LONG time...excellent

150 for a practically mint unit is more than fair, looking at 180 shipped...

And I prefer money order

If I dont hear from TNK by tommorow night and you want it - consider it yours.

Default Nad 917

Sorry. I re-read the post and saw the money order only message.
    Guess I got too hung up on the picture! 16 hours in front of the monitor at my age starts to mess with my mind.

Thats cool...

TNK PMd me, after I requested not to have any PMs... almost tempting to just disqualify the dib all together, but since hes new (I guess), I'll let it slide through...

If he dosnt want it, its yours - I'll keep yall updated.

S2BM

I havnt heard back from him, at this point the preamp is all yours if you want it...

I am packing it up now...

Thanks

Default Nad 917

Let's give him a few more hours. If he doesn't respond, just PM me an address and a total amount with shipping to zip 75028
    (metro Dallas) and I'll get a Money order out to you. The unit
    looks great. Now if someone just posts a Nad cd player, life would be complete!

He has until 11 oclock, then you will receive a pm :)
    Last edited by VR3; 04-05-2005 at 10:39 PM.

NAD 917 Is SOLD to Sucks2BeMe, Or does it? I mean...your getting your NAD on! hahha

Anyways, thanks folks for your kind words about the cob webs, the VCR, the canadian shipping, and not to mention the PMs...it was all great, but I'm glad its over...

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD, ADCOM = SOLD, NAD = SOLD, SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

PS: S2BM - you have a PM

Default Nad 917

PM sent. :D :D :D

I gotta fetch more packing materials, this is a really big box...

But anyways, after I get more tape, etc... The Adcom is actually ready to go, I am going to tape it up, add external corner reinforcement (2 or 3 layers of cardboard) and put it aside...

The Adcom AND NAD will be shipped out within 1 or 2 days after the M/O arrives.

Thanks folks!

I hope yall enjoy em, I know I have... these are the only two pieces that survived my old system...excellent equipment...

My duct tape/cardboard mastepiece!

The inside echos exactly what the outside does, the inside has 3 layers of medium size bubble wrap, with a layer of cardboard between the 2nd and 3rd piece, and the top and bottom are seperated by foam blocks, medium bubble wrap, and cardboard...

UPS will have to try hard to break through this...

This is the Adcom BTW, I won't have to do this with the NAD, it is getting a larger box... unvoluntary though...

ANYWAYS... thought I'd post what I think shipping should be done like... all your regular boxes just cant compare...

I hope you have fun opening this box!

Thread Information