Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default sda 1a in walnut

how much shoud i be willing to pay? how many drivers do they have? the owner claims that they work flawlessly how high are they on the food chain as far as sda.s go? do they have desireable tweeters? or should i look for a different model? any help would be greatly apreciated
    JAS Audio Bravo 2.3 SE Single ended Class A Tube Integrated Amplifier Svetlana 6C33-B triodes @ 18 wpc-Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC W-LME49990 op amps w Siemens 12AU7 -Black Cat Morpheus cables -Silverline Audio Sonata III

I too am curious of this because I have someone willing to sell me theirs for $600 cdn plus shipping (would be about 750 after I think). They are not sure whether they are sda 1a's or 1b's because the plate on the back is missing since they were bought as a clearance item. Are sda 1a's the same as sda 1's?

W WALDECKER check out polksda.com/ for info on vintage polks. It's made by a person on club polk and has lots of ebay listings and stuff.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The 1A's have four mid drivers, one 12 inch PR and two SL2000 tweeters mounted horizontally and one of them is used as part of the SDA effect which I have found very phasey. Your mileage may vary, but if it were me I'd pass.

The 1B's have the tweeters mounted vertically as a point source with no SDA effect and to my ears sound much better.

Prices for both are around $400.00 to $450.00.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

thanks for the info F1. I didn't know that on some models the tweeters were integrated into the whole sda effect. I'll probably pass on this deal then since after shipping it won't be the best deal to spend like 800 cdn on them...

Member Sales Rating: (27)

I paid 500.00 local for a pair of 1C's Oak.
    Life without music would

Thread Information