Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logitech MX-700

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Logitech MX-700

Ok, I finally went to BB to use-up my gift certificates I got for Christmas. I've been wanting a new mouse, since my Microsoft Intelimouse Explorer that I got about 3 years ago is old technology and drives me crazy. It goes to sleep too often, and the delay time annoys me; I just don't like it. (It does feel good in my hand, though.) I was looking at the 'mice' at BB and had a hard time deciding between wired and wireless. I saw the MX-510 and 518, which are gaming mice with insane resolution (and wires). I was also looking at the new 'laser' MX-1000. I really had my heart set on that unit, but I had to spread my money over several items and just couldn't fork out that much.

So then I see a MX-700 (like my dad's; that I got him for Father's day last year). A BB guy tells me it gets great reviews. And it's $57 - and wireless. The gaming mice are $52 (510) and $70 (518), and the MX-1000 is $81. So, I grab the MX-700 (and my other goods) and walk out.

One funny thing to note: it has a mail-in-rebate sticker on the front of it for $10 - that expired last September! lol

Anyhoo, should I know anything bad about this mouse and take it back before I open it? Any comments about it? Or heads up about better/cheaper 'mice'?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I have the MX-1000.... I love it!!!

Newegg has it for $53... great deal

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16826104158
    Ludicrous gibs!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I've had my MX700 since last September and I love it. No problems and it is the best mouse I have ever used (most expensive too). Never goes dead and the charge last a long time as long as you dock it on the charger after each use.

Paul

nadams, you don't have anything bad to say about that mouse? I can't believe it; I just told my mom about that deal at newegg - and I think she's going to let me order from there!! You just don't understand what a huge leap forward this is!!! My parents have never bought anything or let me buy anything online!! Of course, it will only work this time if we can call in the order; you can do that with newegg, right?

This is awesome!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

My wife has the 510(she is a gamer) and she LOVES it.

Newegg does not accept phone or snail mail orders. I believe they used to, but there's no reason for them to anymore. I have NEVER NEVER NEVER had a problem with Newegg and my credit cards. I've spent (literally) 10's of thousands of dollars personally, plus a lot more through the two schools I work for, and there has NEVER been a problem.

Do not worry at all about using a credit card with Newegg. Tell your parents that if anything happens, I'll pay them the damn money myself to cover the costs... that's how much confidence I have in Newegg.

And I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the MX-1000. I've had it for two weeks now, and charged the battery once (it was on 2/3 bars... still a long way to go, but i charged it anyway). It really is an awesome mouse. Some people complain that it lags if you pick it up while moving.. but I haven't experienced any of that.

I'm currently in the middle of writing a review for Dalantech.com of my MX-1000, so I'll link it up when I'm done :)
    Ludicrous gibs!

Well phoooooooey!!!! That won't work; no credit cards over the 'net; :( .

I'll be looking forward to your review, though!
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

audiobliss- providing you cover some shipping (we can even go halves), I will purchase the mouse from Newegg and ship it to you. You could send me a personal check or MO. Just because I feel that noone should be deprived of this mouse, especially for that price. PM me and we can work out the details if you want to do this.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Originally posted by nadams
    I have the MX-1000.... I love it!!!

Newegg has it for $53... great deal

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16826104158
    Agree!!!!

Best damned mouse on the planet. Since it's laser-guided instead of infrared, it never mistracks due to the surface it is on... at least I haven't been able to make it mistrack. I'm buying a second one for my office...

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I have the MX-100 and damn it is a beautiful mouse. It took me a couple weeks to really get the feel for using it but now I just simply can't hold another mouse and enjoy it. The thing is so smooth and responsive. I have not been able to notice a delay due to it being wireless. Also the battery life is sweet. I only throw it in the charger once every week to two weeks if it gets down to a single bar. It may be a little more pricy but think about how much you will use it...

btw it works on damn near anything. When I'm doing reading on the web I just sit back on my recliner and use the mouse on the arm of the chair :D

I use a 700 and enjoy it. I was thinking of getting a 510 for the game rig (the PC) and have seen the prices dropping on em.

I have been ising this 700 for a year and haven't messed with the battery since I pull it out of the box.

I did once think it was broken when it started tracking all over the place. an hour messing with the drivers, the batteries, everything... I blew in the little optical hole and out cam a cat hair. Problem solved.
    Yamaha RX-V1500 // Outlaw Audio M200 (x2) Panasonic TH-52PZ700U
    Sony DVP-NS715P // Sony Playstation3 // Roku Soundbridge M1000[/color]
    Polk LSi15 (w/Monster Z2 Wire) // Polk LSiC // Polk LSi7 // Velodyne DLS-3500

Workshop Rig: Creek 4330 // Technics SL-P310 // Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble 2

Originally posted by RobXant
    I did once think it was broken when it started tracking all over the place. an hour messing with the drivers, the batteries, everything... I blew in the little optical hole and out cam a cat hair. Problem solved.
    LOL.......nice Rob......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

Wow, thanks for the offer, nadams. I really appreciate, but it just won't work out. If I end up being stuck with the MX-700, it seems as though I'll still be pretty happy.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Yep. the MX700 tracks like a microsurgeon's hands.

The Logitech MX-700 is too heavy for FPS gaming. :(

That is another nice thing about the MX1000... it's still light! The internal li-ion battery makes sure of that :)
    Ludicrous gibs!

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I agree that the wireless mice are too heavy for gaming, but thats just an opinion.

I use the MX-500 and it couldn't be happier. I am curious to try out the MX-1000.

moving on
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

I have the mx-700 at home and I think that thing is a great mouse. Pretty expensive at the time.

I just got a mx-1000 at work and I have to say that it kicks any other mouse I have had in the, you know what. Now Justin told me that he is probably going to get one after using mine for about 5 min. I have to say that ~$50 is well worth it.

As it comes to Newegg I have to agree that is the best company I have dealt with on the internet when it comes to computer stuff and I have spent about $5,000 with them. No complaints, fast shipping great return policy. Awsome company.

Home:

LSi15
    LSiFX
    LSi9
    LSiC
    PSW505

Denon AVR-884
    Denon DVR-715S

Member Sales Rating: (20)

another good vote for Newegg.

I ordered a new processor last Tuesday and it was delivered Friday morning...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Newegg is the best.

I built my current desktop (dual Opteron system) using parts I got from Newegg last year. No problems with anything, everything in stock, fast shipping...

I'm asuming they don't happen to have a distribution center in canada? :p

Thread Information