Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Port Tubes?

Wraith

Default Port Tubes?

Hey, I just got my new momos [2 x mm2104] setup and running [love it] but i seem to have accidently thrown away my port tubes [its a q-logic]. Anybody know where to get more?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

pvc pipe works well if you can get the right size (make sure you round the ends off with a file or somesuch)... other than that, call BB or the like, ask them.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs

Member Sales Rating: (4)

http://www.partsexpress.com

Go there. Search for Port Tubes. Purchase port tubes. Be happy.

Wraith

cool, thanks for the ling. Altho the tube my enclosure came with was 3" wide by 12" long, the longest I can find online is a 5". I was told on another thread that leaving it 12" would tune it to 35hts and thus be the way to go. Does anybody know if the 5" would be good? Thanks for helping a n00b out.

enclosure is a q logic QLH-1.0010DS

also it seems that 12" long port tubes are rare, are they uncommon? What are your thoughts on how long the tube should be?

Thanks again

Wraith

Doh! just found it, I'm an idiot :p

but I still need an opinion on what length I should cut the port to, 12" , 14", 6", 1/4" long? I dunno.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

There is no opinion on length, only fact. You need to know what frequency you need to tune the box for for your particular driver to obtain the optimum performance. To do that, find the info on sub box plans from the manufacturer. Virtually all of them have info like that. Once you find out what frequency you need, then that will determine the length of your port tube and also the width of the opening. If you want exact numbers, you need to do some math. If not, go find a similar Q-logic box and measure the port in that box and duplicate it.
    Last edited by Jstas; 05-04-2005 at 11:15 AM.

Thread Information