Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music Hall MM5

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Default Music Hall MM5

I'm looking to pick up a turntable for the LR rig......I'm considering the Music Hall MM5

Anyone have any experience with it?

Other recommendations??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Stronzo

You will not do any better than the Project 1 Xpression.. period. For $449.00 you get a killer turn table that should, as you put it, "blow your skirt up". This comes complete with all you need - no more additional costs to worry about.

http://www.sumikoaudio.net/project/p..._xpression.htm

The MM5 just isn't in the same ballpark.

Originally posted by Zero
    The MM5 just isn't in the same ballpark.
    How about in the same factory? Music Hall turntables are made from parts available in the factory in the Czech Republic that makes Pro-Ject turntables and share motors, tonearms, etc. The differences between their turntables in similar price levels are in parts selection, with the Music Hall turntables generally getting slightly better parts and costing slightly more as a result. Both Pro-Ject and MMF series turntables are very favorably reviewed. I have a friend who has an MMF5 and I would have been happy with that as an entry level turntable. Both the Pro-Ject and MMF5 would benefit from cartridge upgrades, but then they would end up costing a lot more.
    1. JM Labs Electra 920.1 and CC30; MB Quart Vera Sub; Pioneer SC-57; Squeezebox Touch; Panasonic BDT-500 Blu-Ray; Samsung 52" LCD; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S3 cables
    2. Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SE; Classe Model 25; Marantz SA8004; Acoustech PH1P; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall MMF7; PS Audio P1000; MIT S2 cables
    3. Polk SDA 2A; Parasound Halo JC-2 and A21; Musical Fidelity X-DAC; Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio 4.7; MIT S1 cables

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

TD,

If you've decided to go new, can't help you. On the other hand, if vintage is in the running...

Are you looking to stay under $500?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Of course vintage is ALWAYS a possibility....

Yes, 500 is the magic #

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Goldring GR-1. Essentially a plain-clothed Rega P2 with RB250 Tonearm. Has the GR Elektra MM cart also.

Get the entire table for about what you would pay for the tonearm and cart alone - $399~
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Thread Information