Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Default FS: SDA2b DFW LOCAL ONLY $125

A buddy of mine is selling a pair of 'handyman special' 2b's.

SL2000's, woofs and PR are all working great. PR's show SLIGHT bubbling in couple places - not noticeable unless you are right up on them. One of the SL2000's is missing a mounting screw, and shows some minor surface rust on the inner screws.

One binding post on the rear of the right speaker was replaced (generic), and same speaker has a pretty good sized gash on the rear corner. These are woodgrain VINYL wrapped.

Grilles are complete, with logos, one could use a touch of glue on the rear in a couple spots tore-attached the fabric. Blade blade SDA2b's on risers, comes with original blade/blade cable.

Not the prettiest pair, but perfect working order - $125 and little cleanup and you've got a nice set of speaks.

If interested EMAIL me, or POST HERE, and I'll put you in touch with him.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 06-07-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

What a steal! I would feel guilty about buying these since I already have a pair and don't need them. Mine are pin/blade 2b's. Does that mean these 2a's? What a deal for a newbie or anybody wanting to try the sda's.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

They are single vertical mounted tweeter, but with risers. I think this is one of those 'transition' models that Polk has become known for.

Don't feel bad, take em. Matter of fact, we are having a bottlehead meet this weekend in Richardson, TX, and several SA/Houston guys are coming up.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by candyliquor35m [/i]
    [B]Mine are pin/blade 2b's. Does that mean these 2a's? [/B][/QUOTE]

No. It means that there were two versions of the 2B. A blade/blade version and a pin/blade revised version. The pin/blade version was introduced only seven months after the blade/blade version.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Thanks but I know someone from Dallas will want these or even OKC or Tulsa. I'm very happy with mine.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarqueKnight [/i]
    [B]No. It means that there were two versions of the 2B. A blade/blade version and a pin/blade revised version. The pin/blade version was introduced only seven months after the blade/blade version. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm a bit confussed. I have a pair of SDA 2? that I bought new, they have a single vertical mounted tweeter and a blade/blade cable. Are these 2a's or 2b's? I thought because they were blade/blade that made them 2a's. So are my speakers first version 2b's? Thanks
    Last edited by Roy Munson; 06-08-2005 at 01:40 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

1984---SDA 2, two tweeters, two MW6501 drivers per cabinet, blade/blade SDA cable.

1986---SDA 2A, one tweeter, two MW6510 drivers per cabinet, blade/blade SDA cable.

March 1987---SDA 2B, one tweeter, one MW6503 stereo driver, and one MW6511 SDA driver per cabinet, blade/blade SDA cable.

October 1987---SDA 2B-revision 1, one tweeter, one MW6503 stereo driver, and one MW6511 SDA driver per cabinet, pin/blade SDA cable.

1989---SDA 2B-revision 2, one tweeter, one MW6503 stereo driver, and one MW6511 SDA driver per cabinet, pin/blade SDA cable. Polyswitch is changed.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Thanks Darque, I'll have to pull the drivers to see exactly what I have.

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarqueKnight [/i]
    [B]October 1987---SDA 2B-revision 1, one tweeter, one MW6503 stereo driver, and one MW6511 SDA driver per cabinet, pin/blade SDA cable.

1989---SDA 2B-revision 2, one tweeter, one MW6503 stereo driver, and one MW6511 SDA driver per cabinet, pin/blade SDA cable. Polyswitch is changed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Then, you have the SDA 2B.1.5s :p

Mine have one crossover board that's the rev. 1 board (marked SDA 2B), the other the rev. 2 (marked SDA 2B/CRS+). Drivers and tweeters were dated DEC '88 in one cabinet and JAN '89 in the other. And, yes, they're an original pair. I'm the second owner.
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Russ,

You have an email.

Zach

Thread Information