Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Warranty and Ebay

Are new speakers purchased on Ebay covered under the 5 yr warranty?

Member Sales Rating: (40)

No.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I think that depends, there are companys on ebay that liquidate their stuff on ebay.. Such as scratch and dent sales. I know for a fact that Sears has an Ebay store. Columbia sportswear does to. As well as a slew of others. I recenlty bought an XM2go from minidishesdottv and called delphi to ensure that he was an authorized dealer before I bought from him, and they told me he was. So my advice is that if you find someone out there that is selling speakers, just call and ask the company if they are authorized, and then call the speaker manufacturer to make sure. Another, Harvey Electronics on ebay is an authorized retailer for REL and Sumiko stuff. Bought a REL sub and nakamichi receiver from them on ebay years ago, and had my nak serviced in Irvine with my Ebay receipt, (paypal), and it wasn't any problem.

I am almost positive however, that none would be under warranty from a private seller........except for them companies that offer transferable warranties.....I forget but one electronic company out there has a 10 year transf warranty....(Bryston maybe?)......

scott

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Once again, the answer to the question is NO (assuming he is talking about Polk speakers).
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Given it is a Polk forum, you are probably right RuSs, but he didn't specify.........was pretty general in nature....."speakers".....

Where you at Silly Rabbit...?

Tell us what is on your mind?

Here is another deal...........I sold my nakamichi to a local buyer, and had to have yet another repair done to it........so I, as the orig. buyer just took it for him to the irvine facility......I am a nice guy, and he just happens to be my attorney......so I figured I should be good to him.....:D

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I am referreing to Polk speakers. My current Polk set up is about 6 yrs old and thinking about replacing my cs245 center and rt10 rears for a csi5and fxi5 to go with my RT1000p. I've seen some good prices on Ebay, but saving a few bucks isn't worth losing the warranty, so I thought I would ask. When I asked the seller, he replied that they were covered under the warranty because the warranty card was in the seale box. Not an answer I trusted. I don't think it is an authorized dealer, but seems to have a lot of Polk speakers for sale. Could just be using an employee discount somewhere to make a few bucks on Ebay? Who knows?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Doesn't matter if it's sealed box & has the card- when you send it back you gotta send a copy of a receipt from an authorized dealer for polk. Now, I'm not going to spell this out for you, but many polk speakers in the same line share drivers ... think it through.

Only a few companies offer a transferable warranty- Bryston is the best- 20 years, no questions... I think Odessey is similiar, then you have a few companies with 5 year transferable, but they have to have come from an authorized dealer when first purchased.

How I rationalized my brystons to the woman: "If we ever have kids, they can take the bryston's to college with them"
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i

Member Sales Rating: (28)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by unc2701 [/i]
    [B]Only a few companies offer a transferable warranty-
    [/B][/QUOTE]

a little different cuz they are only sold directly from the manufacturer, but...

SVS, HSU, and Outlaw all offer transferrable warranties. I looked into this before buying recently.

Edit: Ok, now that I think about it, I'm not sure about HSU.

Bryston must really stand by their stuff to offer that type of warranty.....

My take is if you can find it on ebay, sealed from a seller that has a good feedback history, and has been selling on ebay for a couple years, then why not buy from them. One can more than "pay" for the difference of the retail with warranty. Let's face it, if you have your speakers set up properly and you aren't pushing crap power through them. They are going to last a long time, without trouble. I haven't purchased any of my Polk stuff off of ebay, but instead have used it as a price negotiating tool for the haggling I do with stores like tweeter and the good guys. (Circuit City will not budge). All of my polk speakers have been purchased as a floor model or demo. And these all had the full manuf. warranty.....Say you can get your set on ebay for 30-40%of the cost of new. You would be able to replace a lot of the drivers/tweeters in the event they fail before you would be in the negative.

scott

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Hsu is a little weird- it's transferable as long as you have the original receipt from them or an authorized dealer, but if you're a second owner you cannot have gotten it over the internet... So I guess local sales are allowed?

3 years for SVS, 5 years for outlaw... both pretty good.

As for bryston, they don't bull**** around. Before an amp leaves the factory, they put a load on it and run a square wave on it at full power for 100 hours- one hour on, one hour off so the whole thing expands & shrinks... All the components are thermally rated at about 50% beyond what you normally see. Once they're done with that they put it on the bench, make sure it's still healthy and test it out. When it hits 0.001% THD that it's rated power. My "300 watt" 4B tested at 375 watts - it'd probably do 450watts at the "Sony spec" 0.7% THD. The bryston sound isn't for everyone, but if you want an amp that you can take with you to a bar fight, that's your choice.
    Last edited by unc2701; 06-22-2005 at 04:50 PM.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i

I dunno man, who want's to carry around 40lbs or amp when they are tryin to bar fight?
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (6)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Airplay355 [/i]
    [B]I dunno man, who want's to carry around 40lbs or amp when they are tryin to bar fight? [/B][/QUOTE]

Use it as a weapon? :D

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Speaking from experience...

Polk will usually cover purchases that were manufactured within the 5 year period - when things happen that you couldnt have caused.

For instance...

My RT35i's crossover went out, I thought it was the tweeter at first. So Polk sent me a replacement tweeter (it costed me) - turns out it was the crossover (I sent the tweeter back). Polk sent me a crossover for free...I didnt even have to send the old one in to them...

Polk is a solid company, for sure. They stand behind their customers 100%.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Thread Information