Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    zachwhite0

Default Enough for the mighty RTi12?

Ok guys Im building a home theater and I decided to use Polk since I get 60% off and I cant find anything else for the same price that sounds better. Too bad Polk has such a bad rep.(I think mainly because they are sold at major retailers.)

I was gonna use the HK AVR635 (75 Watts, I think 90 in stereo mode) and the Crown Crown XLS402 amp.(260 wpc)

Should that be able to handle the RTi12 just fine?

Thanks.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

i think 260 WPC will definitly get the job done. good show on the pro amp, its a great way to get gobs of power for your dollar.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Jump on it!

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I'd run the HK power on the top set of posts and use the Crown to run the lows.

I wouldn't suggest using a prop amp for the details carried in the mids and highs...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (1)

welcome to the forum! 260 watts would be just about perfect for that speaker. They're very power hungry.

"Too bad Polk has such a bad rep.(I think mainly because they are sold at major retailers.)"

lol. wow. you DO know where you're at right. =)

zachwhite0

Originally posted by aaharvel
    welcome to the forum! 260 watts would be just about perfect for that speaker. They're very power hungry.

"Too bad Polk has such a bad rep.(I think mainly because they are sold at major retailers.)"

lol. wow. you DO know where you're at right. =)

lol ya but dont worry. I love Polk. It jsut seems like everyone is always putting them down. Didnt mean anything by it.:)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

they're prob. just alluding to the Polk Monitor/ Circuit City deal.

Just a bunch of "purists" who measure happiness with money. People like that hate anything that isn't sold at "Bob's $10,000 Hi-Fi World."

I love my "mid-fi" system. Screw 'em. =)
    Last edited by aaharvel; 06-22-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Originally posted by aaharvel
    they're prob. just alluding to the Polk Monitor/ Circuit City deal.

Just a bunch of "purists" who measure happiness with money. People like that hate anything that isn't sold at "Bob's $10,000 Hi-Fi World."

I love my "mid-fi" system. Screw 'em. =)
    I agree 100%
    Panasonic 50" Plasma + Pioneer 6010
    Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD
    Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray
    Pioneer 1014
    Polk RTi12 (front)...Polk CSi5 (center)
    Polk RTi4 (rear)...Velodyne DLS 5000-R Sub
    3 Outlaw M-200 Amps

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Hey garyz06, I see that you have the almost exact setup as me and was wondering how you have your m200's setup. (are they hooked up to the woofers in the mains)? I have the rti12's,csi5, rti4's and psw505(will be changing out for an svs sub soon), and the Yamaha rxv2500. Do you change your setup as far as listening to 2 channel and movies (such as small and large setting)?

Thanks and I apologize if it seems like I am hijacking this thread.:)

BTW I am originally from Fla.. I will be visiting my Dad in July in Port St. Lucie which is north of you. :D
    Last edited by firefighter; 06-23-2005 at 01:01 AM.
    Polk Audio
    Rti 12s (front)
    Rti 4s (rear surround)
    Csi 5 (center)
    PSW 505 (subwoofer)
    50 Sony Grand Wega LCD projection
    Yamaha RXV2500 receiver
    Sony DVP725P DVD player
    Dish network 811 HDTV receiver
    Sony Playstation 2

Thread Information