Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LSi options

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default LSi options

need to borrow all your brain power on this. Need your opinion, as if it's your own money. What would you do if you already own Velodyne cht15. Purchase LSi15 or LSi9? I would use the LSi15 stand alone for music, or LSi9 with my sub.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Easy choice for me: I love the bookshelf w/ sub sound. Some people might tell you that your sub isn't quick or diverse (one note) enough, but I don't have any problem with my CT-120/RT35i blend. It sounds like live music to my ears.

Of course, you could get the LSi15's for one set up, and the LSi7's to use with your sub for another. Then you'd have two systems.

for music, i would choose a bookshelf and a stand alone sub...
    ...the fOrce is strong with this one.

I opted for the fuller, more robust sound of a tower for my musical taste with my subwoofer (SVS 20-39CS).

Most of the time, I play my two channel music in DIRECT mode with the speakers set to LARGE for most music. You wouldn't be able to do that with bookshelf speakers.

My $.02.

Troy

Oh, and see this page.
    Last edited by Troy LaMont; 04-03-2002 at 04:50 PM.
    "I know you have a group of guys just sitting around thinking **** up, and another group of guys backing them up..." - Harry Stamper

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I would go with book shelf's and a sub. I like the sound better because most speakers I have heard with more bass tend to be more localized as well. With a sub you can dial in exactly what you need and even cut it off or change it around if you want.
    madmax

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Definitely the LSi9s and a sub (or no sub). I demoed these beautys with only a PSW 650. Switched back and forth with and without the sub. I listened to the LSi15 in a HT setup and it sounded good but the LSi9s sounded SWEET! . These will be my next purchase and will probably be for a 2 channel music only system.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

I'd go with the LSi9's and the sub. IMHO a seperate sub allows you to experiment with it's placement to optimize the bass sound in a room. I've moved my PSW350 several times until I found the 'perfect' spot for it.

Refer to my posting on:

LSi25 vs LSi15 and PSW650

Thread Information