Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Default Welton speakers????

I have a question to ask before I head to the house. I'll read the answers in the morning.

Has anyone heard of Welton tower speakers? Somebody in Indy is selling his whole system and lists the speakers as Welton 300 watt towers. I did a search and couldn't really find anything on them at all. One site listed Welton as a vendor at an audio trade show and that was about it.

Have a lovely evening all.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Garage.

Originally posted by dorokusai
    Garage.
    They're junk????

Member Sales Rating: (5)

i never heard of the name myself, but if their described as 300 watt towers, i get a funny white vane vibe out of it. I could be wrong, but if Doro wrote "garage", i might be on the right track here :D
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Here's how the ad is written:

"STEREO HI-FI Pioneer classic, SX-1980, RT-901, CT-F1250, SR-60, DT-400, Dual 1219, 300w Welton towers, music collection. accessories, one owner, mint condition, $2750."

Seems very proud of his gear. Is all that worth anywhere close to that? I'm sure alot will be determined by the "vague" music collection part of the deal????

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Here is an add for some Welton speakers.

dorokusai says "garage" and the add reads:

"This speaker is primarlily used for directing sound into large crowds" but does not elaborate any further.
    Last edited by SCompRacer; 07-07-2005 at 12:20 PM.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KSL Class A Pre w/ KSL Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    Dynavector 17D3
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

UUGHHH!!! Freakin' PA speakers.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by ND13 View Post
    I have a question to ask before I head to the house. I'll read the answers in the morning.

Has anyone heard of Welton tower speakers? Somebody in Indy is selling his whole system and lists the speakers as Welton 300 watt towers. I did a search and couldn't really find anything on them at all. One site listed Welton as a vendor at an audio trade show and that was about it.

Have a lovely evening all.
    Hi i have heard of the speakers welton iam a owner of 2 differtent sets of em. I have the old talk tower with one 15 in each. I also have a newer version that is about 6 in shorter that that of the towers, but the are twice as wide and have (2)15 in wofers in each box. They are the best speakers that i have ever heard. i have all of them in my living room. Where did you see the pics. If i may ask do the subs have pro audio on them?

Member Sales Rating: (13)

From 2005.....that member has not posted in a long time.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

At first glance I thought Noel was back!

I'm shure yer speekers sound fantastic and im shure you are a lectronic genius, i can tell fro yer post!!! fn mudbug

Quote Originally Posted by djdug View Post
    This is a little too late but yall dont know s%&&$ bout speakers, I own peavey, yorkville, jbl and a pair of welton dual 15 s wich i got yesterday for 200 the boxs wernt lookin as rugged as the yorkville or my peavey sp2xt s, but they rockd the place last nite and i got several comments on how good the sounded. so shut up an quit tryn to be sumthin u aint ie speaker expert cause u aint.

p.s. I work as a dj and I also have my day job as a Electronics repair thech at docs music in lc louisiana, so i think i am somewhat qualifyed to talk crap on yall punks!!! fn yankee
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!

P.S. this - Get outta' here you troll and please learn the baziks of the english language. Sheesh, how do some of these people make it through a day, let alone a life.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by djdug View Post
    This is a little too late but yall dont know s%&&$ bout speakers, I own peavey, yorkville, jbl and a pair of welton dual 15 s wich i got yesterday for 200 the boxs wernt lookin as rugged as the yorkville or my peavey sp2xt s, but they rockd the place last nite and i got several comments on how good the sounded. so shut up an quit tryn to be sumthin u aint ie speaker expert cause u aint.

p.s. I work as a dj and I also have my day job as a Electronics repair thech at docs music in lc louisiana, so i think i am somewhat qualifyed to talk crap on yall punks!!! fn yankee
    They suck, plain and simple. I'd rather go deaf than listen to crappy speakers.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    At first glance I thought Noel was back!
    I wish he was so I could tell him to quit sending me spam emails. Perhaps someone hacked into his old email account.

Think it's low grade DJ stuff.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Reported.....for being possibly the most offensive post that I can remember.

Reported again....for being the 2nd most dumb and offensive post.

eyes a watchun mes sum drivin mizz dazy on myum homethatur snackin on sum dem frenchfried taters a wisun i had me sum der
    weltons tuz complete disun hear sound stage of mine

Member Sales Rating: (3)

A troll is an ignorant person who comes on the forums just to stir up crap. If you look around some you will see this is a mid-hifi audio discussion forum. It is not all about polk audio. So how do those weltons sound? Do they have a nice sound stage with decent depth, or is it more like it's coming from each speaker? Here we all talk and give opinions, as some stated above, but just because you don't agree with what some one else said doesn't mean you have to trash them. If you're a tech, that means you're an adult, now act like one in stead of hiding behind a screen and trying to be barny bad ass, 'cause all yous doin' is lookin' like a fool. < no disrespect meant, just some criticism.
    Last edited by dudeinaroom; 12-16-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: 'cause i was thinkin'
    Speakers:SDA2a, sub:Atlantic Technologies 172 PBM
    Pre:B&K PRO-10MC(2ch)
    Amps:Parasound HCA 1000a
    SourcesOppo DV-970HD, Xbox360, Kenwood KT-5300
    Cables:Philips/RCA/Monster

Life's short, Listen to SDA's
    Life is short live Sui Juris
    Where did SOPA go?

Wow, djdug you are about the biggest idiot I have seen on a forum in a long time. You are really making southerns look bad. Especially making your own state look like a bunch of inbred hillbilly's. Please shut the hell up. Enjoy your crappy PA speakers and stop worrying about what others like.
    --Gary--

Every now and again i get a good yuk. Please come back djdug.

Derka-Der !!!!
    Counterpoint SA1000 hybrid tube preamp, SUMO Andromeda amplifier, Acoustat Spectra 1100 Electrstatic hybrid speakers, HSU HRSW12-V subwoofer, NHT SA-2 Subwoofer amp, Rotel RCD-1070 CD, Thorens TD-160 TT, Mitchell Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vesigal arm TT

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Timothy you have no room too talk your state is trying to call it's self the mitten state????? I don't get it. The state is not even close to the shape of a mitten, well, unless all of you have some really messed up looking hands. If it is because it is cold, well I think Dakota's have you guy's beat.
    Speakers:SDA2a, sub:Atlantic Technologies 172 PBM
    Pre:B&K PRO-10MC(2ch)
    Amps:Parasound HCA 1000a
    SourcesOppo DV-970HD, Xbox360, Kenwood KT-5300
    Cables:Philips/RCA/Monster

Life's short, Listen to SDA's
    Life is short live Sui Juris
    Where did SOPA go?

I guess djdug's not gonna be back.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeinaroom View Post
    Timothy you have no room too talk your state is trying to call it's self the mitten state????? I don't get it. The state is not even close to the shape of a mitten, well, unless all of you have some really messed up looking hands. If it is because it is cold, well I think Dakota's have you guy's beat.
    Who says WI is the mitten state?

Everyone who grew up in Michigan (like me) knows that the Upper Peninsula is rabbit jumping over the Lower Peninsula which is a mitten.

And that the best ginger ale is Vernor's (accept no substitutes).
    Counterpoint SA1000 hybrid tube preamp, SUMO Andromeda amplifier, Acoustat Spectra 1100 Electrstatic hybrid speakers, HSU HRSW12-V subwoofer, NHT SA-2 Subwoofer amp, Rotel RCD-1070 CD, Thorens TD-160 TT, Mitchell Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vesigal arm TT

Mitey cold in that upper peninsula. I remember being a kid up there. Seemed like we had about 2 months of summer. And your correct on the Verners

Default About the Welton Model PS27-1

I see all the comments here about this product and as most all forums anywhere else online we will have trolls that have opinions about a product.
    When I read some one post they are junk and dis this product all I can say you are so busted by what you say because it shows you have never been near this product.
    I have owned the Welton PS27-1 speakers for over 10 years and enjoy the clear production and sound quality of these towers. They have been hits at parties and people have ask for them.
    At just 100 watts these speakers will flood a large room or field with crisp clear sound from the pounding bass to the chalk board scratching clarity of the horns. I have maxed the wattage at 200 watts without any deterioration in the quality .
    This is my experience with the Welton model ps27-1 and I am satisfied.
    BTW I have a 5.1 (with an added 100watt sub) 1000 watt surround sound that does not come close to the sound of my Welton towers.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdean2002 View Post
    the chalk board scratching clarity of the horns.
    Sounds wonderful because we all like to hear something scratched across a chalk board. Hope they use your comment for the "white van" literature the next time someone approaches me in a grocery store parking lot or gas station to sell me a pair.

Rock on with your crappy speakers dude!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdean2002 View Post
    They have been hits at parties and people have ask for them.
    At just 100 watts these speakers will flood a large room or field with crisp clear sound from the pounding bass to the chalk board scratching clarity of the horns. I have maxed the wattage at 200 watts without any deterioration in the quality .
    Well that about sums it up
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Member Sales Rating: (27)

I dont think I have ever heard someone use the term like nails on a chalk board in a positive light... THAT is seeing the glass half full ladies and gents!
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Thread Information