Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 4

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

Default Indiana Jones 4

Seems like it is finally headed our direction, very cool!

Release Date: Summer 2006
    Studio: Paramount Pictures
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Screenwriter: Jeff Nathanson
    Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, John Rhys-Davies, Kate Capshaw (cameo), Karen Allen (cameo), Kate Capshaw (cameo)
    Genre: Action, Adventure
    Official Website: IndianaJones.com
    Movie Poster: Buy Various at AllPosters.com
    Production Stills: Not Available

Plot Summary: Steven Spielberg says that the film will feature all of Jones' former babes in various cameo roles. Karen Allen is expected to be back for one soundbite, and other Indy girls who had smaller roles will be coming back. It is still up in the air whether or not Kate Capshaw, Spielberg's wife, will make an appearance. Sean Connery as Indy's father will be back for a few scenes, and the film is set in the early '50s.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4665
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

EXCELENT

Member Sales Rating: (0)

It might be tough for SS to top the first one (topping the second one would be a no-brainer) and the third (also pretty good). Will be interesting to see how #4 rates against these two.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Just like with the Alien trilogy, this is Hollywood taking a huge stinking pile of **** right on what used to be a great thing. Thanks guys... Hey, next let's make a LOTR 4!
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

When did part 3 of the trilogy come out, sometime in the early to mid 80's? Why are they bringing this back?

I'm assuming, that by being set in the early 50's, it would explain the nearly 20 year gap from episode 3 to 4. Let's hope so, or else we may see a geriatric Ford and a nearly walking-dead Connery fighting bad guys and forgetting lines.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.

Talking ROFLOL!

Originally posted by gmorris
    When did part 3 of the trilogy come out, sometime in the early to mid 80's? Why are they bringing this back?

I'm assuming, that by being set in the early 50's, it would explain the nearly 20 year gap from episode 3 to 4. Let's hope so, or else we may see a geriatric Ford and a nearly walking-dead Connery fighting bad guys and forgetting lines.
    I was thinking the same thing. Harrison Ford is getting just a wee bit long in tooth to be playing this kind of a role now.:D
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

What planet are you people from? All three were great movies and I for one am looking forward to the 4th.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Most rumors I've heard since the rumor mill started on this one (several years ago) have Harrison Ford playing a sidekick role to a younger brother or even offspring character, kind of like Sean Connery did in the last one.

But honestly, if you watch Last Crusade, there's not all that much that coudln't be done by an older person. Sean Connery was involved in a lot of the action scenes and handled it pretty well, and the guy was 59 at the time(and much older looking than Ford is now, if you ask me). Harrison Ford has been in some action-type movies in the past 5 years and has handled them pretty well.

I'm not giving up hope for this being good... even if it is blind faith.... :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Originally posted by Spawndn72
    What planet are you people from? All three were great movies and I for one am looking forward to the 4th.
    Earth. And on Earth, 20 years is a long time, people get older, boobs start to sag, and old men running around kickin' ass is just not very believable.

I do hope the flick is good, as I enjoyed the first 3, it just sounds a little silly.

Spaceman Spiff

this is Hollywood taking a huge stinking pile of **** right on what used to be a great thing.
    Sounds just like what Lucas did with Star Wars.

I love Raiders of the Lost Ark and this will in no way come close to the greatness of that but it cannot be much worse then 2 or 3.
    If...

I liked the Raiders 1 and 3. 2 sucked ass pretty much.

Im looking forward to this. I think itll be pretty good.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Earth. And on Earth, 20 years is a long time, people get older, boobs start to sag, and old men running around kickin' ass is just not very believable.
    Well, in Hollywood, these things can be avoided or "fixed," as it were. And, I don't know about the rest of you, but I still consider Hollywood to a planet unto itself. Really strange beings are spawned from that place.

May not be worth making, but I'll see it anyway, on the off chance that I may be pleasantly surprised. I still enjoy Ford and Connery, despite their ages.
    Current System:

Mitsubishi 30" LCD LT-3020 (for sale**)
    Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand (Rosewood)-Mains (with Audioquest Mont Blanc cables)
    CSi5-Center (for sale**)
    FXi3-surrounds (for sale**)
    Martin Logan Depth-Sub
    B&K AVR 507
    Pimare CD21-CD Player
    Denon 1815-DVD Player
    Panamax M5500-EX-Line Conditioner

boobs start to sag
    I hope this isn't a problem for Ford ;)
    It looks kinda hokey, but hey, it might turn out well, and if it does, we will all be well rewarded.

There's still nothing like the scene when they open up the Ark in Raiders. One of the coolest EX surround demos i've ever heard.

Ruler of the gnome universe

Thumbs down been there, done that

I wish I could convince you all to eschew this kind of stuff. I mean, just ignore it, don't buy into it, and maybe Hollywood would stop forcefeeding us this kind of unoriginal crap. I mean, if we didn't clammor for this kind of McMovie like starving baby birds, maybe we'd get more interesting original films from Hollywood, right?

Let's all call up Hollywood and say, "Hey, we've seen this, dudes. Been there, done that. The first flick in this aging and ineffectual series is still the best, so why try to do it again? Instead, why don't you send us a new idea, a new movie, a new character we can like, a new story and new direction we can all get into? Don't be afraid, we'll buy it if it's good. We will. But we will not be eating this regurgitated turd again, thank you very much."

I feel bad for kids today who have to eat this kind of lame, rehashed, soul-less CGI'd lameness.

Yep, lameness. This is just another stupid bit of empty pop crap I plan to ignore.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

Micah,

Just want to get your opinion on a movie unrelated to this thread.

Have you seen "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"? I've owned it for several years now and still love to watch it a couple times a year. Guy Ritchie did a wonderfully clever job with this movie, IMO. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest it. It's not your run of the mill Hollywood comedy-drama. You have to listen to the dialogue closely due to the thick cockney accents in several of the scenes, so cockney that he had subtitles put in on a few scenes and it's in English.

Thumbs down i got an opinion about everydamnthing

Come on, you know what I'm going to say. Why even ask this stuff of me? It's crap, man. Crap, covered in hooplah. The whole genre of "low life criminals" is crap, man. LS&TSB, SNATCH, which was a remake of the first one, right? Or a sequel, or something... BOONDOCK SAINTS, christ, you know the "cult" status of THAT stinker? People talk about these movies like they had something to them. They didn't.

Note I am not even mentioning RESERVOIR DOGS, which, like everything else QT has ever "done," is such garbage. Not even worth discussing. Bad Italian gore horror movies are better than QT movies.

At least TRAINSPOTTING had an engaging story and interesting characters.

Here's a recent one you have not seen: I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD. Rent that. It's lame, but better than the Guy Ritchie flicks. Rent THE WAY OF THE GUN... Not Brit, but in the same genre, watchable.

Or, be serious and rent Scorcese's MEAN STREETS, you wanna see low life criminals having at it. I mean, really. Rent CLOCKWORK ORANGE, for goodness sake.

What I'm saying is, "popular" does not equal "good." (In fact, in the case of QT, "popular" specifically means "bad.") There is so much great stuff out there, and only the dreck rises to the view of the sheeple. Don't buy into it. Seek the good stuff.

A new Indiana Jones. Sheesh. It's gonna suck like a Dyson.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

Come on Micah, you mean to say you didn't like "The Pacifier" with Vin Diesel?

I've seen "Way of the Gun", very good. Have you seen "Intermission"? I liked that alot.

I just stuck it on my Netflix "queue."

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

I own "A Clockwork Orange" and enjoy it a couple of times a year, also. Hopefully you don't think everything Kubrick did is a masterpiece, though. "Eyes Wide Shut" was one of the lousiest excuses for a movie I've ever seen.

I don't know if there is something wrong with me, but I like Eyes Wide Shut.

I don't know anything about Kubrick, or any of his other movies, but on its own, I like the movie.

An interesting story, cool scenes, Tom Cruise does a good job. And, as a bonus, Nicole Kidman naked, Nice!! As well as the mansion scene with like, I dunno, 10,000 HOT SUPERMODELS all running around bare assed naked!!

All joking aside, I think it is a cool movie....

I don't know if there is something wrong with me, but I like Eyes Wide Shut.

I don't know anything about Kubrick, or any of his other movies, but on its own, I like the movie.

An interesting story, cool scenes, Tom Cruise does a good job. And, as a bonus, Nicole Kidman naked, Nice!! As well as the mansion scene with like, I dunno, 10,000 HOT SUPERMODELS all running around bare assed naked!!

All joking aside, I think it is a cool movie....
    I was extremely disappointed with this "flick". Subpar for Kubrick.
    If you want skin, there are far better movies. The cinematography was the best attribute of this movie. Maybe the story couldn't be done correctly in a 2-3hr movie??? The plot and storyline was blah... The movie relied on Kubrick's reputation and sex to pass muster, IMO, which it didn't in my case.

With that said, though, I'm only stating my opinion and am happy that you enjoyed the movie. I will not piss on other's opinions. If we all liked the same things, there would be no variety, BORING. I suggest that you check out some of Kubrick's earlier efforts. You might like them or you might not, but IMO he did far better movies than "Eyes Wide Shut". I just wish everyone could honor other's opinions without demeaning comments and trying to look superior because they don't like something. I try not to do anything but state my views and not pass judgement on other's likes and dislikes and then categorize someone as a moron or idiot just because they like this or that.

Spaceman Spiff

Is EWS worth a rental? If so, is there a "certain" version I should look for? I enjoy renting Kubrick's films but none I see are worth buying as the re-watch factor just isn't there.
    If...

Originally posted by Ron-P
    Is EWS worth a rental? If so, is there a "certain" version I should look for? I enjoy renting Kubrick's films but none I see are worth buying as the re-watch factor just isn't there.
    That's up to debate. I guess renting it won't set you back much, and who knows, you might like it. Always try to get the director's cut on anything you rent or buy, because there's usually both versions on the disc. That way you can see it the way it was at the theaters and the way the director really would have wanted it portrayed.

rent it up Ron!..... to me, it is one of those movies that I can start watching at any point, and then just watch the rest of it. (i'm sure i picked that up when it was in regular rotation on HBO)

I just wish everyone could honor other's opinions without demeaning comments and trying to look superior because they don't like something. I try not to do anything but state my views and not pass judgement on other's likes and dislikes and then categorize someone as a moron or idiot just because they like this or that.
    Ah, screw you! I'm back on this forum now, and I don't just "look" superior, I am superior. I am Superior Man!

;)

Anyway, I have never seen EYES WIDE SHUT. No interest. And I don't like everything Kubrick ever did. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that even CLOCKWORK is a "failure." Iconographic, sure, but not a great film. Neither is THE SHINING. Iconographic. Watchable. Enjoyable, even. But a failure, especially for anyone who's read the novel.

These "great" films are "failures" to me because of the towering success of something like 2001, which is a masterpiece of visionary film art. I'm also a big fan of DR STRANGELOVE, as well even BARRY LYNDON, another failure that looks simply amazing (natural lighting, etc). I'm not so big a fan of FULL METAL JACKET, because I feel that APOCALYPSE NOW does a better job of telling that story. And PATHS OF GLORY and SPARTICUS, well, I'll watch them, and they are great films, but they are not masterworks.

Wanna see a Kubrick film that will blow you away, one you have not seen? Rent the DVD of THE KILLING. Early Kubrick, excellent noir flick.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Micah Cohen
    Ah, screw you! I'm back on this forum now, and I don't just "look" superior, I am superior. I am Superior Man!

;)

Anyway, I have never seen EYES WIDE SHUT. No interest. And I don't like everything Kubrick ever did. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that even CLOCKWORK is a "failure." Iconographic, sure, but not a great film. Neither is THE SHINING. Iconographic. Watchable. Enjoyable, even. But a failure, especially for anyone who's read the novel.

These "great" films are "failures" to me because of the towering success of something like 2001, which is a masterpiece of visionary film art. I'm also a big fan of DR STRANGELOVE, as well even BARRY LYNDON, another failure that looks simply amazing (natural lighting, etc). I'm not so big a fan of FULL METAL JACKET, because I feel that APOCALYPSE NOW does a better job of telling that story. And PATHS OF GLORY and SPARTICUS, well, I'll watch them, and they are great films, but they are not masterworks.

Wanna see a Kubrick film that will blow you away, one you have not seen? Rent the DVD of THE KILLING. Early Kubrick, excellent noir flick.

MC
    I'll agree on your assessment of Kubrick's work, almost 100% even. DON'T WATCH EWS, DON'T WATCH EWS, DON'T WATCH EWS. You don't want to remember Kubrick for that movie, it puts a huge stain on his resume.

BTW, my comments were not directed at you personally, but at anyone who thinks that demeaning, condescending, and immature remarks directed at fellow CPers is an intelligent way to go about getting there point across.

Spaceman Spiff

I am Superior Man!
    Yeah, but can you fly?

like 2001, which is a masterpiece of visionary film art.
    Visionary are that will put you to sleep in a matter of minutes. I saw this once, never again. I had to have a coffee IV drip just to stay awake.
    Last edited by Ron-P; 07-06-2005 at 04:04 PM.
    If...

Default demeaning, condescending, and immature

You were drinking, that's why. Beer puts you right to sleep.

2001 is slow. I mean, it's sloooooooooow. It moves at a glacial pace. It does. You gotta have patience for it. It's an exercise in patience, that's all. For three hours, you have to completely immerse yourself in this vision and let it happen to you. Takes patience. But I believe that it pays off. It's three hours of amazing eye candy, stuff that had never been seen before. It's still pretty impressive. How'd they do that floating pen thing? I dunno. And how'd they get those monkeys to act like that? I dunno.

And plus, unlike any other movie we've talked about in this thread, when 2001 is over, you have a whole bunch of stuff to sit there and wonder about. What the hell happened? What does that mean? That's really why it's a true masterpiece. It leaves you asking a bunch of questions, thinking about a bunch of weird stuff. What if...

And yes, matter of fact, I can fly! I'm flying right now! Weeeeeee!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

Spaceman Spiff

And plus, unlike any other movie we've talked about in this thread, when 2001 is over, you have a whole bunch of stuff to sit there and wonder about. What the hell happened?
    Yeah, like where did this puddle of liquid come from?

What does that mean?
    I drooled in my sleep.

That's really why it's a true masterpiece.
    Yeah, it's like watching grass grow, a true materpiece for the lawn gardening engineer.

It leaves you asking a bunch of questions, thinking about a bunch of weird stuff. What if...
    What if...I didn't fall asleep? What then? I could have watched grass grow and stayed awake.

And yes, matter of fact, I can fly! I'm flying right now! Weeeeeee!
    Well then, fly back to that sock drawer.
    If...

Thread Information