Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (40)

You rock Mike.

Only thing I ask, is PLEASE treat them with Kid Gloves, if you decide to listen to them (and anyone else who takes possession). I think these have foam surrounds, and if they aren't starting to go, they are probably pretty close.

I want you guys to listen, and enjoy, just be *extra* careful with the volume - high current amps or not.

On that note Mike, don't feel like you need to hurry and get them to Lou - work it out with him - but take time to enjoy them, if you want to.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Just found this thread and not sure who's picking up when and where but I'm available to contribute to the pony express if needed. My ass time is limited to about 2 hours driving one way however. I could probably get them half way to MD if needed.

Greg
    suds, suds and more suds!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RuSsMaN [/i]
    [B]You rock Mike.

Only thing I ask, is PLEASE treat them with Kid Gloves, if you decide to listen to them (and anyone else who takes possession). I think these have foam surrounds, and if they aren't starting to go, they are probably pretty close.

I want you guys to listen, and enjoy, just be *extra* careful with the volume - high current amps or not.

On that note Mike, don't feel like you need to hurry and get them to Lou - work it out with him - but take time to enjoy them, if you want to.

Cheers,
    Russ [/B][/QUOTE]

No problem. I'm not going to hook 'em up...these things are nice and I'll leave it up to the pros to hear 'em...:)

They are a little sticky, Don said it was because of the humidity here. However, they will be in the AC at my house while me and Lou work out a date for the handoff.

Mike
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gshisme [/i]
    [B]Just found this thread and not sure who's picking up when and where but I'm available to contribute to the pony express if needed. My ass time is limited to about 2 hours driving one way however. I could probably get them half way to MD if needed.

Greg [/B][/QUOTE]

Greg,

I will be dropping them off to Lou (ohskigod) in NJ. Maybe shoot him a pm to see who's next in the handoff..

Mike

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Mike, as discussed, lets do monday. We can talk over the weekend for details, but i say same meet location we discussed. 7:00 ish, well contat eachother sunday to solidify. sound good?
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ohskigod [/i]
    [B]Mike, as discussed, lets do monday. We can talk over the weekend for details, but i say same meet location we discussed. 7:00 ish, well contat eachother sunday to solidify. sound good? [/B][/QUOTE]

Perfect.

Monday it is

Mike

Well if Lou needs a connecting link I could meet him halfway from the Pa/Jersey border and get them halfway to MD. Of course I may just have to put on a listen while they are resting here. ;)

Pass these through as many forum hands as possible in route to Mark (dorokusai). I'd be tickled for as many members as possible to be able to say they have heard/seen one of the RAREST of all Polk speakers.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

will do, hey greg, I know you and Amulford offerred the relay, when i get these, i see where you and Amulford live and see how it maps out on the relay path.
    either way, getting these to Doro will be a cakewalk :)
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Greg, if you end up with these, I'd be in a great spot for the next leg as I'm about 18 miles from the MD border. That is unless the path continues down 95.
    Last edited by jdhdiggs; 07-22-2005 at 11:42 AM.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin

Member Sales Rating: (4)

If need be, although I'm late to the party, I can do a 16 hour drive if needed and my vehicle has a carpeted and padded cargo area that is out of the elements. A set of SDA 2B's survived a 6 hour drive from Norfolk back there without a problem. It's also uhhhh....how to put it...rapid transportation. Fast as lightning some would say!

Just let me know if they need a lift. Long drives aren't a problem.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

here's an idea

Greg, Jstas, James. or any other potential relay couriers, PM me you addy, when i get the speakers, I'll hammer out a relay plan, confirm it with you guys, then do the hand off. Need the addresses so i can come up with the best plan to get them to Doro's Thanx

Lou

2 Channel -

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jdhdiggs [/i]
    [B]Greg, if you end up with these, I'd be in a great spot for the next leg as I'm about 18 miles from the MD border. That is unless the path continues down 95. [/B][/QUOTE]

jdhdiggs,

That would work for me. I'll wait for oskigod to make that decision.

Jstas has stepped up with a pretty good proposal.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

I have offered to do this already...

I might get flamed for this, but I don't think passing them through a bunch of hands is such a great idea. I'm not saying everybody won't be careful, but it just allows more chances for things to happen. And we all know that **** happens.

IMHO, they should be taken to F1Nut so he can have time to do the work on the cabinets. Then they can be given to Polk in almost pristine condition.

Just my .02 FWIW.

[SIZE=1]OK fire away...[/SIZE]
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

amulford,

No problem here bud. Just rendering my services if needed.

the mon 9's are at my house, will work on next step of relay this week

2 Channel -

Has anyone fired em up yet? How about some pics with the grilles off.

Glad to hear you guys won the auction.

The grilles don't come off.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ohskigod [/i]
    [B]the mon 9's are at my house, will work on next step of relay this week [/B][/QUOTE]

Me and Lou met at a diner parking lot in NJersey for the handoff. It was really nice to meet a forum member and talk about audio...

Good people here..

Mike

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mike682 [/i]
    [B]

Good people here..

[/B][/QUOTE]

and Mike is one of them, a great addition to the Community. Drove through the islands (long and Manhatten) to get these to me. Make no mistake, on this leg of the relay, Mike did more work then me! Thanx again Brotha

2 Channel -

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RuSsMaN [/i]
    [B]The grilles don't come off. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that in the ebay auction but from that old polk photo of them with the grilles off I figured there might be a way.

Thread Information