Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default What's the latest on DualDisc?

I can't find any in Walmart, Bestbuy- no where. If they're packed in with the regular CD's that'll be like looking for a needle in a stack of needles.

Not that I would buy one or anything (wink) SACD is still #1 in this cat's book.

(edit) in other words- is the format sinking already or is it doing some good in the marketplace?
    Last edited by aaharvel; 07-09-2005 at 09:57 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I just saw some in BB(MD) tonight....perhaps a stock issue.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

At local Best Buy, DualDisc are somewhat invisible since they are mixed in with all the regular CDs. There isn't a special display for them, like at my local Tower Records.

Kind of off-topic, my local Best Buy actually restocked its SACD section with new titles. I would've never expected to find the SACD of Muddy Waters' "Folk Singer" at Best Buy.

my bestbuy in greensboro did the same thing danny.

Not an impressive selection but considering Circuit City (blah) doesn't even carry the format anymore- at least not down here.

It's sad really. As much as I love the format- I'm getting to the point now where I just want ANY of the high-rez formats to succeed. Any of them.

(edit) i was drunk when i posted this yesterday. I hope DualDisc and DVD-A die.
    Last edited by aaharvel; 07-11-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

I can't stand DualDisc.

The Redbook sides won't play in my Denon and they give me fits when I try to rip them on the computer. I have 1 drive out of 4 drives (on 2 computers) that will actually read and rip the CD-audio tracks. My drives are all top quality too.

My wife recently bought the Dave Matthews-Stand Up! DualDisc because the sale person said it had DTS audio on the DVD side. What a crock. It simply has 2 channel-48kHz PCM audio on the DVD side. I can't really hear much difference.

Its not DVD-A, its not DTS, it doesn't play properly on many players. I think the format is going to fade quickly. We paid $5 extra to get a short documentary. Whoopee!
    Last edited by billbillw; 07-11-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

At my CC there is dual disc mixed in with the regular CD's. I don't know how many titles, I just happened to notice one.

Originally posted by PolkThug
    At my CC there is dual disc mixed in with the regular CD's. I don't know how many titles, I just happened to notice one.
    there ya' go. a needle in a stack of f--kin needles. :D

Thread Information