Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Polk-a-dweeb
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Sometimes you just gotta get outdoors....

Went up on Friday afternoon and saw a couple of trucks go up the trail late and only 1 came back down that night. We had the tail to ourselves on Saturday. A couple of other jeeps and a few hikers made a very brief stop at the lake, but other than that....solitude!! :) We packed up on Sunday and fished at Montegomery Res. for a few hours and saw a bunch of vehicles and a motor cycles heading up to the trail. Looked like it was gonna get crowded.

Last edited by Frank Z; 07-17-2005 at 11:47 PM.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Excellent.

Awesome, those are some amazing pictures.

I just turned 18, so I'm no longer a Boy Scout, which steals a way my Boy Scout camping privileges, I'll have to find a different to go out, but nevertheless, I dropped off my brother at the Cuyahoga Valley Nation park for summer camp, damn it's beautiful out there. I need to go camping more...

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Makes me want to chuck a nice lift kit in my cherokee as well. Nice Jeep, looks like its ready for business.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Polk-a-dweeb

Thanks folks! We've been having a great time getting away from the daily grind and seeing areas that most people never get to. The kids have taken to exploring a bit on their own...

And we've been catching a few fish here and there. Not huge, but fun all the same...

There's nothing like real Hi Def....

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Its amazing just how much snow is still at the higher elevations.

I didn't realize that there were people in that runoff photo until my wife brought it to my attention. Thats a big hill.:D

I gotta make it to the mountains before summer ends. Probably be Labor Day, I used to make the trip yearly.

Cripple Creek, Old gold camp road, Woodland Park, Divide, Eleven Mile Resevoir, Chipita Park, Green Mountain Falls. Some of the coolest small towns you could find anywhere.
    Last edited by Dennis Gardner; 07-18-2005 at 02:42 AM.
    HT
    Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen
    Anthem MRX 300 Receiver
    Pioneer Elite DV45A
    Polk CS350LS
    Polk SDA1C
    Polk FX300
    Polk RT55
    Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz
    ICs-DIY Twisted Prs
    Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel
    Ariston RD40 w/ Grado Cart
    SACD/CD Marantz 8260
    Soundstream/Krell DAC1
    Audio Mirror PP1
    Odyssey Stratos
    ADS L-1230
    ICs-DIY Twisted
    Speaker-Raymond Cable

I venture thru Colorado every year on my way to Wyoming, and it's really cool to see snow at the height of Summer.

I fly into Denver, and by the time we hit Winter Park, we have snow....and I've been snowed on, and snowed in at the alternate homestead in Wyo in June. The mountains are fantastic for odd weather.

Where in Wyoming do you go, Mark?
    HT
    Anthem MRX 300 Receiver
    Pioneer Elite DV45A
    Polk CS350LS
    Polk SDA1C
    Polk FX300
    Polk RT55
    ICs-DIY Twisted Prs
    Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel
    SACD/CD Marantz 8260
    Soundstream/Krell DAC1
    Audio Mirror PP1
    Odyssey Stratos
    ADS L-1230
    ICs-DIY Twisted
    Speaker-Raymond Cable

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Awesome pics.

It is always good to get away from everyday life where there are no advertisements, no hassels...... just you and the calm of nature..

excellent
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Originally posted by Mjr7531
    Awesome, those are some amazing pictures.

I just turned 18, so I'm no longer a Boy Scout, which steals a way my Boy Scout camping privileges, I'll have to find a different to go out, but nevertheless, I dropped off my brother at the Cuyahoga Valley Nation park for summer camp, damn it's beautiful out there. I need to go camping more...
    That's a load of crap. If you are an Eagle Scout, you are an Eagle Scout for life. If not then you can always give back to the program that gave to you for 7 years and become a leader. There are always ways to stay involved in the program and it can use all the help it can get. If you don't want to be in the program anymore, don't spread mis-information by telling people that because you are 18, you can't do it anymore. You may not be able to be a Scout but you can certainly be a leader. Most troops I know are hurting for leadership too.

The program doesn't work without scouts who are willing and able to do the program and meet the requirments for rank advancement. But, without leaders, the program can't run. Step up, be a leader and show the boys that will go through the program after you how much fun it can be. Afterall, who better to be a leader than someone who went through the program and knows what it's all about?
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

I am a leader now, I was actually pulling leadership duty for the kids by driving em' down to summer camp, I just meant...
    It's not quite the same, it'll take some adjustment, that's all.

Frank, those pictures are so green, you lucky dog you! :)

Polk-a-dweeb

Thanks all! Stay tuned, there'll be more!

Excellent pictures Frank! The only thing better in those gorgeous pictures is the memories that your kids will have long after you are gone. Hold on to those pictures man! When the kids turn in to bitchy teenagers, you'll have something to show them about how cool of a dad you are!

I wish I was there myself! One day I'm gonna get out to Colorado and see the Rockies. I've been in the Green Mountains, the White Mountains, up and down the Appalachian Trail, along the Blue Ridge Mountains, through the Shenandoah Valley and into the Great Smoky Mountains. One day though, I'll be out camping in the Rocky Mountains. Ah well. It's flouder and striper fishing on the bay for me on Wednesday and it's looking like it's gonna be a gorgeous day!

Originally posted by Mjr7531
    I am a leader now, I was actually pulling leadership duty for the kids by driving em' down to summer camp, I just meant...
    It's not quite the same, it'll take some adjustment, that's all.
    Ah! Good for you then! I'm very glad to hear that! I can't stand seeing people who go through the program and then walk away thinking that thier involvement must stop at 18.

Just look at it this way, all those times the leaders told you that you had to "rough it" and "pay your dues"? Well, now you don't have to "rough it" anymore because you "paid your dues"!

Member Sales Rating: (17)

JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS

I you can't tell I like Jeeps.:D :D :D :D :D

And pictures of Jeeps in their realm...............

Originally posted by Dennis Gardner
    Where in Wyoming do you go, Mark?
    Riverside/ Encampment is where we have property, and my father just bought a house in Cheyenne near the Frontier Days/Lion's Park area. He and my step-mom are moving out there from Chicago when she retires from the PO. You go out that way?

I figured you were SE Wyo. since you fly into Denver. I have occassional business in Wheatland, Douglas, and Casper in the SE, Buffalo, Newcastle in the NE and all over the western half of the state from Jackson down to Rock Springs.

It is truly one of the last frontiers with less people in the whole state than live in most single midsize metro areas.
    HT
    Anthem MRX 300 Receiver
    Pioneer Elite DV45A
    Polk CS350LS
    Polk SDA1C
    Polk FX300
    Polk RT55
    ICs-DIY Twisted Prs
    Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel
    SACD/CD Marantz 8260
    Soundstream/Krell DAC1
    Audio Mirror PP1
    Odyssey Stratos
    ADS L-1230
    ICs-DIY Twisted
    Speaker-Raymond Cable

Out of curiosity cause it was mentioned. How many are Eagle Scouts here, and how many are still involved. I'm still involved and an Eagle.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Anybody else notice that he picks funny places to park :D
    BTW, that trout looks PISSED!

Originally posted by spwuinmk67
    Out of curiosity cause it was mentioned. How many are Eagle Scouts here, and how many are still involved. I'm still involved and an Eagle.
    I moved away from my troop when I was 14 and a Life scout. Where I moved, BFE Arkansas, really had no troops to join up with. At least not conveniently. I only needed 3-4 more merit badges. I try to help out with my 7 yr old's cub scout troop when I can.

I'm an Eagle Scout, but one of those that Jstas would hate (go figure)......

I'm not that much of an outdoorsy person, but definitely appreciate it in picture form.......Very nice Frank!!!!!!!
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

Originally posted by brettw22
    I'm an Eagle Scout, but one of those that Jstas would hate (go figure)......

What was your reason for not staying involved? Everyone has a reason, the only reason I hate hearing is because they think they have to stop participating in the program to any degree because they arer 18 years old. If you have any other reason then, I don't "hate" you. Infact, I don't hate those who are not involved at all, I hate the silly reasons that some of them give. Everyone has a reason.

I try to participate as much as I can but, because I do not have children of my own in the program, paranoid, homophobic parents have questioned why I am involved in my troop. Yet they do not have a problem with my father still supporting the troop eventhough his two sons that were invovled are no longer scouts themselves. In order to avoid silliness like that and cause problems that detract from the overall program for the scouts, I limit my involvement to council/district level events. It's sad that it comes down to that but I can understand where parents are coming from. That doesn't make it right or OK, as misinformed as they may be, I do understand the trepidation. When I have children of my own and they want to be involved, I will become more active at a troop level once again. However, to save my troop committee needless greif, I am not a very visible presence in my troop at this time.

Polk-a-dweeb

Originally posted by dragon1952
    Anybody else notice that he picks funny places to park :D
    BTW, that trout looks PISSED!
    What's wrong with my parking?;)

Those are awesome pics Frank and a badass looking XJ as well!

I used to be pretty heavy into 4 wheeling but couldnt afford 2 cars and do way too much driving to have a Suzuki Samurai as a full car and I couldnt afford a new 4x4 Ram so I went back to 4x2. :(

Now I just mountain bike. Its cheaper!

Yeah, thats an awesome looking Jeep. I dont like the way 4 wheeling seems to be heading nowadays. When I was into it all you saw were Jeeps, LandCruisers, Samurais, early Broncos and the like. Now everything is a tube hybrid that has nothing resembling a rig that came out of Detroit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Boyscouts? Yeah, I remember that. Parents tried and tried to get me to join - even forced me into it. Took me all of a day to convince everyone that was not my spcheel. Didn't even have to resort to pissing in the campfires.

Oh yeah, Frank, great vehicle... gorgeous terrain.. I'd imagine it would be difficult to not get a brilliant looking photo.

Color me jealous.

Polk-a-dweeb

Originally posted by MacLeod
    Now everything is a tube hybrid that has nothing resembling a rig that came out of Detroit.
    I know what you mean. One of the guy's that was on a recent outting has a buggy that began life as a Commanche pick up. He yanked the bed, added tubes, really beefed it up and it can go anywhere. He said that it was fun at first but there's no challenge anymore for him. He's thinking of getting rid of it and going back to a mildly built XJ. It won't be as capable as his buggy, but he'll have to really work at getting over obstacles and use good driving skills instead of having the buggy do all the work for him.

The Jeep is our only vehicle (other than my service van) so we tend to go slow and choose our lines carefully.

For those of you that make a trek to Colorado, give me a shout and we'll take you to some of the places we've been to and maybe even explore a few trails that we haven't been on yet.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Man such awesome pic's. I would love to make my way over to Denver,Colorado ( to see a game as well) and go riding(Mountain Biking).

I bet there are some of the worlds best trails out there.

Sweet Frank

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Default Jeep Hurricane

The ultimate Jeep. Check out this concept from Jeep; 2 HEMIS, 4wheel steering, etc, etc, REALLY COOL ****!!!!!
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/jeep-hurricane.htm
    http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/news/hurricane.html
    http://www.gizmag.com/go/3599/
    http://www.detnews.com/pix/photogall...ane/index4.htm
    http://motortrend.com/autoshows/cove...tas_hurricane/

We can only hope/wish/dream that Jeep would ever build a production model.

Kinda the same thing is happening in car audio.

When I first started reading the industry mags, virtually all of the installs were practical installations with SQ in mine as most were SQ competitors cars. Even the manufacturer demo cars wer practical and something you could use daily.

Now its freaking ridiculous! Alpines last couple of cars arent even cars! They take a BMW X5, rip it in half and put one seat in the middle then put speakers all around it. Yeah its great for positioning but its not really a car now either. Why not just build a soundroom and stick some wheels on it!

Of course the Polk Civic was done right! Its still a car and still drivable.

I long for the simpler, more practical days.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Thread Information