Let's start with the new product. We're pleased to announce that within ten days to two weeks we will begin shipping the replacement for our highly regarded Model 7100, as promised in our last Newsletter. By way of background, we were forced to prematurely end production of the Model 7100 due to our inability to secure a key component much sooner than planned. However, after quite a few long days and nights at the Outlaw's hideout, we were able to work with our manufacturer to bring a replacement for the Model 7100 into production many months in advance of our original schedule.
The new amplifier is the Model 7125, and it will be a worthy heir to the Model 7100's place in the market, providing a solid performer for Outlaws with demanding sonic requirements but moderate budgets. We'll detail the complete specifications below, but the top-level story is that the Model 7125 improves on the Model 7100 in a number of key areas:
- As you may have guessed from the model number, we have increased the power output to 7x125 watts at 8 ohms, 7x190 watts at 4 ohms. These are true "all channels driven" power specs, with THD at less than 0.05% from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. We welcome comparisons to the similarly spec'd amplifiers in many of the popular receivers that are priced comparably to a Model 990/Model 7125 combo, as well as competitive separates. Outlaw watts are "real watts", up to the task of delivering all the punch you need when playing a challenging movie soundtrack or musical performance. Bring on your most demanding speaker loads and pick a track that has wide dynamic range to all outputs. That is where you'll hear the difference that the Model 7125 delivers.
- While the Model 7125 is based on topology that is similar to the Model 7100, we've made some component changes to deliver the increased power:
- The custom designed torrodial transformer is now 1.6 kVA, up from 1.2 kVA on the Model 7100.
- The Model 7125 has six discrete output devices for each channel, compared to four per channel on the Model 7100.
- The industrial design and appearance has been updated so that the Model 7125 is more compatible with the Model 990, but we have not had to increase the unit's dimensions. (Sorry, no more green power buttons!)
- Minor tweaks and upgrades have been made to the circuit design for improved sonic performance.
Although our normal way of introducing a new product is to open a reservation list once the product is within sight, since the Model 7125 is just about ready for final assembly we are simply going to take orders and queue them up for shipments to begin as soon as the units hit the warehouse. Like its predecessor, the Model 7125 is manufactured in the USA, so we don't have to wait for a boat to arrive. With the first production run due to start some time this week, we are confident that shipments will start before the end of the month.
The specs for the Model 7125 are as impressive as the Model 7100's:
Power Output: 7 x 125 watts RMS at 8O, all channels driven from 20 Hz to 20kHz with less than 0.05% THD 7 x 190 watts RMS at 8O, all channels driven from 20 Hz to 20kHz with less than 0.05% THD
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±0.1 dB at rated output
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Less than 0.05% at rated output, less than 0.01% at 1 kHz
Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): Less than 0.05% at rated output
Power Bandwidth: 5 Hz - >125kHx +0/-3 dB
Damping Factor: Greater than 400 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz
Crosstalk: Greater than -90dB from 20 Hz to 20kHz
Gain: Voltage Gain of 28 dB
Slew Rate: 50v/uSec
Input Impedance: Nominal 50k Ohms
Input Sensitivity: 1.0 volts for full rated output
Remote trigger voltage: 3 - 32 VDC at 5ma or greater
Dimensions (HxWxD): 5.0" x 17.2" x 16.2"
Product Weight: 51 lbs.
Power Requirements: 115VAC ±3%, 50-60Hz.
Power Consumption: 1,200 watts max
That about covers the specs, with the exception of one important item. We've held the line on pricing for all of our amps since they were introduced, despite dramatic increases in the past year for key basic components. In particular, the price of copper and the metal used in the chassis, front panel and heat sinks has risen significantly. Despite those price changes, we are pleased to announce that the Model 7125 will continue our value philosophy and carry an everyday price of $999. We defy anyone to match that price for a product with the power and sonic quality of the Model 7125.
More importantly, we are continuing to offer a special combo price that brings the Model 990 and a Model 7125 to your door for $1,999, a $100 discount over the single unit pricing.
In our last Newsletter we mentioned that due to the rather sudden discontinuation of the Model 7100, we would honor the current Model 990/Model 7100 pricing until July 20th. However, now that the cat is out of the bag on the Model 7125 we have decided to keep that special in effect until the end of this month as an "introductory special."
Order a Model 990/Model 7125 combo before Midnight, July 31, 2005 and you will pay $1,899, a $200 discount over the separate pricing. All orders placed on or after August 1st will still get a $100 discount with the final package price set at $1,999. Compare the 7x125 watt power, flexibility and overall performance of this combination to any comparably priced set of separates or any receiver in this price range - or even at higher prices!
As noted, initial production is just about to start, but we wanted to get this information to you today. Demand is likely to be high, and factory scheduling may cause some back-orders until we can build up sufficient stock. In addition, the first units are already committed to those who placed an order for a Model 990/Model 7100 combination before being notified that the Model 7100 was going to be replaced. As we said above, we will honor this limited time offer for the "Model 990/Model 7125 combo at the old Model 990/Model 7100 price" as long as you place your order before the deadline.
A final note on the Model 7125: We'll have photos and the Owner's Manual posted to our web site within a few days. For the latest updates on these two items, check the new Model 7125 section of our Saloon.
If you've been on the fence about ordering a new processor and amplifier, or simply upgrading your existing amplifier, the Model 7125 makes it clear that your wait has been rewarded. Place your order now to be one of the first to experience this new powerhouse from the Outlaws!