Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Thumbs up Homegrown Audio - SC1 - Silver(Version1) - Review/ Demo

Please refer to this thread before posting:

CABLE DEMO PROGRAM - GUIDELINES

DEMO # 10 :

Homegrown Audio SC1-Silver(Version 1)

I picked these up from our own Dragon1952(Cliff). I laugh when I think about him being stressed about whether people will like the cable or not....welcome to the club man ; ) I'm sure they will demo nicely. Stay tuned for some reviews folks.

NOTE: I am using data from the newer SC-1, as the old data doesn't exist. I have contacted HGA about this fact, and perhaps they will be able to provide the actual data for the demo cable. It's the same basic design, but the actual brand of materials may have changed since the introduction.

The Cable-

I will update this field when they pull the head out of ass, and make it available.

Homegrown Audio
    Last edited by dorokusai; 02-11-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Default The Cable

Pic.
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Oh man.....I'm so nervous. What if nobody likes them :(
    Last edited by dragon1952; 05-31-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

dragon take a happy pill and relax;)
    ***WAREMTAE***

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Just took these out of the system after about a 2 week trial. First let me say that they seemed to be very well made. The only downfall of the appearance was the shrink wrap. I wish there was a better way to terminate the shrink wrap where the wires come out. Some kind of boot or something. The connector side of the shrink wrap looked very nice. I also like the braided wire.

But, who cares how they look. In my system, you can't see there wires anyway, so onto the sound department.

Amp: Adcom 545
    Pre: Nad 1600
    TT: Dual 704
    CDP: Pioneer DV-578A
    Polk SDA-2's
    AR interconnect on everything besides where I put the HG's
    12GA lamp cord speaker wire

I used the Homegrown interconnect between the pre-amp and the amp. My first impression was....hmmmmphhh. To be honest, I heard zero difference between this interconnect and the radio shack gold IC that it replaced. Seeing as I saw no difference I left it in for 2 weeks.

Today I gave the HG's one last listen. I put in Steve Earl's "Ain't Ever Satisfied" cd and cranked up "Copperhead Road". I then switched the IC back to the Rat Shack gold and replayed the same song. My wife and I both immediatly, as in after about 2 seconds, not exagerating, said "EWWWWW". It was like someone had sucked all the life out of my system. It was very apparent that a change had been made. Everything just sounded FLAT. The soundstage had been reduced, the highs were not as crisp, it was like the magic was gone. It is hard to belive that I noticed zero difference when I put the HG's in the system and then noticed such a huge difference when taking them out, but that is exactly what happened. And like I said, my wife and I both had the same reaction. Actually my reaction was more of a "AAAARRRRGGGHH" and her's was more of an "EWWWWW" but you get the idea.

In summary, how much do you want for them?

Thanks for giving me the chance to try them. I really enjoyed them.
    Todd
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Where do I sign up?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by RuSsMaN
    Where do I sign up?
    You're effin' kidding me, right?
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thread Information