Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default New band ~ Drasis ~ ... what do you think ?

A friend of mine is the drummer for this band. They call themselves Drasis and have played a few shows around here in vancouver. Just curious what you people thought about them.

They have some minute or two clips from a couple songs on their site. I think my favourite out of the four songs there is dissaminate. (then maybe march of the hyprocrites)

Drassis Web Site

If he lets me I'll see if I can get some full versions of them and pass them around. I have the full version of March of the Hyprocrites but should probably ask him before ripping off his music.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

that's a shameless plug but it's all good. I've been guilty of it many times, usually with the mid-fi equipment I own.

I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

In all honesty, they sound like "Staind" disciples to me. Your drummer friend is pretty good, but they need to find a better lead singer. Maybe a better quality sample would change that. The sound was a little garbled up. Let me know if you can get a better sample of their music so I can get a better idea.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Noel's right. Much like STained. And not too bad. Yes, the lead singer is 'the weakest link'

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by aaharvel
    Yes, the lead singer is 'the weakest link'
    " Good Bye " in my best bitchy, anal-rentitive, female British accent :D
    Last edited by ND13; 08-16-2005 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to see if I can find out if he has some better recordings.

BTW sorry for takin so long to respond I've been away for a while. (camping :D)

noel you have a pm coming your way....

Member Sales Rating: (20)

yeah I'd like some better quality and full length demos...It sounds like they've got some tuning issues, but it may just be the quality of the recordings...

I won't provide a technical analysis unless you really want it. I think they have good potential and are pretty creative.

The singer is by far the weakest link in that group...they've gotta do something about that...

Your friend's a good drummer, drags a bit on one of the tracks, but overall pretty good. It sounds like he's been listening to Mike Portnoy a bit, can definitely hear some of his influence especially on the hypocrite track...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (20)

BTW, I agree on the 'Staind' comparison, and also hear some heavy Tool influence as well, some of the drum work is very similar to some of the Danny Carey work...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thread Information