Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Wow, that was nice of them

This isn't anything for sale but I did buy my receiver thanks to a posting in this forum so I thought this would be a good place to post.

They had a sale at Frys last week on the HK DPR 2005 receiver. It was a closeout with no rainchecks so I got them to sell me the one in their demo room. After dinking around with it for a while I found out that they didn't give me the proper remote, close but not the DPR one. Frys wouldn't help me all I got from them was an "oh well" I wrote to HK just asking for help in identifying the remote so I could download the manual for it. On a saturday morning within an hour I got a response:

[b]Good morning and thanks for your inquiry to us. Actually, the RCP-2 is the remote for the AVR 335 home theater package. Please fax a copy of your sales receipt to 516-682-3516 attn: Ed Carter along with a copy of this email correspondence and I will send you the correct remote. Once you receive the new DPR 2005 remote you can send the RCP 2 remote to me directly as an even swap.[/b]

What can I say, it's so refreshing to see good customer service when all I was expecting was a form letter and, with luck, a pointer to a pdf file. :D

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Wow. That's a good story. Wish more companies were set on 'helping and satisfying customers' than 'getting and using' customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Another company on my 'A' list is iGo. They make universal power adapters for laptops that work on Cellphones, laptops etc. Well one of my cords to the adapter got damaged and they replaced it no questions asked, no receipt required, with just an email. There are a few companies out there that are simply amazing in terms of customer service.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I bought my Monitor 7's in 84'. One of the SL200's went out about a month later. I called Polk, got tech support and no questions asked, no receipt needed, they apologised and sent a replacement right out. I've still got the 7's amd I'm still a big Polk fan... Theres NOTHING like great customer service...

That's excellent!

Fireshoes!

Me!!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Sounds like HK has won you as a customer!! For $499+tax, it is hard to beat for such "AVR", new or used. Do you (or are you going to) have the 2 "correct" remotes?

-fredv-

damn damn damn damn damn........

I forgot about that sale and was going to get one of those for my bedroom setup.......oh well.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

[QUOTE=brettw22]damn damn damn damn damn........

I forgot about that sale and was going to get one of those for my bedroom setup.......oh well.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked they still had that receiver on Outpost for the regular price, I would expect to either see them drop the price soon or ship theirs to the stores.

[QUOTE=fredv]Sounds like HK has won you as a customer!! For $499+tax, it is hard to beat for such "AVR", new or used. Do you (or are you going to) have the 2 "correct" remotes?[/QUOTE]

I will after I get the other one in the mail. Frys found the 2nd smaller remote for me but not the main one. I figured out how to do everything in the DPR manual using the wrong remote, the buttons are there but in different places. The only thing I haven''t tried yet is the EzSet where you can set up the speakers without using an SPL meter just the mic built into the remote.

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Default review

I'd really like to know what you think of the dpr2005, but that message might be better for electronics. There's not much info on these out there.

Thread Information