Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha RX-V757?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Yamaha RX-V757?

I have RTi6's for front speakers and PSW303 for my sub, should I keep the crossover set at 80hrz? And should I have the speakers set at small or large on the reciever? Or what is the best setting to optimize my Rti6's and get the most out of my sub?

TD, yes, 80Hz probably would probably be the best setting for the crossover in your 757. 80Hz is a good compromise, being high enough to take a significant amount of the low bass load off your speakers and the receiver amps while not being so high as to make the sub easily localizable. So, set all speakers small and use the LFE input in your 303 to bypass its internal crossover, since the 757 is handling the crossover duties.

Quote Originally Posted by John K.
    TD, yes, 80Hz probably would probably be the best setting for the crossover in your 757. 80Hz is a good compromise, being high enough to take a significant amount of the low bass load off your speakers and the receiver amps while not being so high as to make the sub easily localizable. So, set all speakers small and use the LFE input in your 303 to bypass its internal crossover, since the 757 is handling the crossover duties.
    That is what I have my settings at now. So I should have gotten the RTi4's instead of the RTi6's, I would have saved a lot of money with about the same sound.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Thats only for you to judge. They both are fine speakers. They however do sound slighty different. they sound the same in many ways.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

When your crossover is set at 80hz, it is not a hard wall. Bass below the crossover point begins going to the subwoofer, but some also plays through the speakers.

Thread Information