Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default RTi4's vs. RTi6's?

Is there much of a difference in these other than the RTi6's using a bigger woofer, and cabinet size?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Bigger is better in this case. Got both. The RTI6 sounds better all the way around.

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Quote Originally Posted by sucks2beme
    Bigger is better in this case. Got both. The RTI6 sounds better all the way around.

It can be providing the person buying realizes just how big the 6s are. They both sound great with a sub. I used the 4 as mains and have no complaints. Now they serve as rears and are great.

Quote Originally Posted by sucks2beme
    I have a Yamaha RX-V757 reciever 7.1 (100watts) per channel, would that be enough to run those, CSi5's and FXi5's and still sound good?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Smile RTi6s

I have a pair of RTi6s that I use as surrounds. They sound great! They are big, about 14" deep. Nice bass response, but you'll need a subwoofer. I use a CSi40 for the center and SDAs for the fronts. I'm satisfied. The RTi4s are smaller and have comparable sound, a little less bass but not bright. If your using a sub you can't go wrong with either.
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Quote Originally Posted by tdogroeder
    I have a Yamaha RX-V757 reciever 7.1 (100watts) per channel, would that be enough to run those, CSi5's and FXi5's and still sound good?

Yes, I have a 540 and it runs my rti8s csi3 and rti4. Its plenty loud and clear for my room, for now.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

i compared both before i bought. In my opinon the imaging was better with the 4's; the midrange slightly more focused with it's 5.25" driver. The tweeter sounds nearly identical- both are built great. I liked the dimensions of the rti4 better. If you don't like LOUD music, aren't in a huge room and have a subwoofer crossed over at 80 hz I say save the $120 and get the 4's. Regardless, you Can't go wrong with either. Both are light years ahead of the Monitor line imo.

Plus the 4's run about $250! Very good price for this level of performance and quality.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I was driving Rti6's as mains and Rti4's as surrounds, and a CSi5 center with a Yamaha HTR-5660 receiver. I did alright. These both are great HT speakers! I did pick up a used Adcom 7605 5 ch. amp, and used with these same speakers and the pre-outs from the HTR-5660, this system rocks!
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I also had a set of each of these speakers at one time. I would have to agree with Andrew. The 4s seemed a little more transparent. True they would not play as loud as the 6s, and lacked a little on the low end, but over all I actually prefered the 4s. I also felt that the 6s were slightly on the bright side and prefered the warmer sound of the 4s. Just my $.02.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,

/Necrothread

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I could have a deal on a pair of brand new RTi6. I currently own RTi4 as front speaker and would like to know how thoses both compares to each other. Some people says RTi6 are fuller, warmer, while others claim it's in fact a tad brighter than it's little brother... On my system, RTi4 are bright, so I think I couldn't stand anything brighter unless I swap my receiver for a warmer one (currently have a low-end Yamaha).

I know the best thing would be to test and compare both, which I think I'll do, but I would like to have your opinion on the matter.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Thread Information