Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SubZone box

C-Man

Default SubZone box

I need a new box for my mm100's. I have a custom built box that's divided, and I saw a premade SubZone box on thezeb.com that I could get for 74.99. The only thing I don't like about it is that I don't think it's divided, just one big chamber, at least that's what it looked like in the picture... My question is would I notice a big difference in the sound if I were to buy the undivided box? Also, the box is .6 cubic feet, is this enough to fit the momo? The box I have now isn't deep enough and I don't wanna buy another one like that... I've seen Kim recommend boxes from SubZone, so I was just wondering if this one would work and be good for me, cuz I don't wanna spend another 175 getting one custom built.
    By the way, I have a Nissan pickup, standard cab.

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

C-Man,
    This enclosure is a little too small for your woofer to get the best possible performance from the MM100. This woofer needs a sealed volume of .66 cubic feet for each driver. I would suggest calling the folks at " The Wood Shop". These guys manufacture vehicle specific enclosures and you can get them finished in carpet that is close to the color of the interior. You can reach them at
    888-227-5623. You can install these woofers into a common chambered enclosure but just make sure thaht the total sealed volume is at least 1.25 to 1.3 cubic feet. This will work just fine for these subs. Don't forget the MDF!!

Thanks,
    Kim

Actually, the website says .6 cubic feet, but a guy emailed me last night and told me it's two separate chambers at .66 cubic feet per. So it would be ok, but I modified my box already. Thanks anyway.
    "The Big C"

hey c-man there is i difference in sound but thats just my 2 cents but as for subzone boxes i dont see a difference there all made in china for 22 cents a hour unless its a american product of the states

Member Sales Rating: (1)

When in doubt, there are dates on the threads :D .

C-man has probably long made his decision.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information