Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Grille Cover for RT800i

I just picked up a set of RT800i floor standing speakers, but the grille cover is missing on one. I can probably buy this through Polk, but if anyone has an extra or can help me out, let me know!

Default no cover here but...

congrats on your new purchase. if no one here can help you out, polk will come through! welcome to the forum...:D
    ...the fOrce is strong with this one.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

seccond star to the right and strait on to morning

write a email to customer servis and i bet it will be about 25 if you have to buy it
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    Sunfire Theater Grand III
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    four avalanch 18 subs 26.12l of displacement
    Crown xti 4000

Default Polk came through for me!

Thanks for the comments juice & goinggonzo.
    I tried both e-mailing and leaving a message with Polk customer service yesterday, and today called during business hours. They totally helped me out by sending me a cover at no charge! That was really cool of them (I just spent almost a grand on speakers, so I guess they took that into consideration). Definately a happy Polk customer here!
    :cool:

[QUOTE]They totally helped me out by sending me a cover at no charge! [/QUOTE]

Is that cool or what? Thumbs up Polk Audio!;)
    Last edited by nascarmann; 04-16-2002 at 04:24 PM.
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!

Banned

I had a tweeter go out on a pair of SRS-SDA's (under 5 year warranty - at about year 4 & 1/2).
    They sent two tweeters - because, its not right just to replace one. Very cool of Polk Warranty. Two thumbs up ! ! !

You mean they sent one for free? I just got a pair of RT55i's and inquired about the griils and they want $28 a piece for them. That would be over 25% of what I paid for the speakers in the 1st place. Man, some people have all the luck.

[i]You mean they sent one for free? I just got a pair of RT55i's and inquired about the griils and they want $28 a piece for them. That would be over 25% of what I paid for the speakers in the 1st place. Man, some people have all the luck.[/i]

$28.00 apiece?!? What?!? Is Polk high?!?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by flason [/i]
    [B]You mean they sent one for free? I just got a pair of RT55i's and inquired about the griils and they want $28 a piece for them. That would be over 25% of what I paid for the speakers in the 1st place. Man, some people have all the luck. [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you buy yours new and they did not come with grills? If so then I'm sure they would have gladly replaced them for free. If you purchased your speakers used and the grills were not in great shape... then the charge is reasonable (warranty is not transferrable).

I bought them new yesterday. They were one of those open box purchases from Circuit City. Maybe I should have put that into the e-mail I sent them.

seccond star to the right and strait on to morning

buy warentee from cc and get them to replace the grills it moght be cheaper if you cant get a new swt from polk for free
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    Sunfire Theater Grand III
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    four avalanch 18 subs 26.12l of displacement
    Crown xti 4000

Banned

Thats right..... Polk Warranty thought I should replace both the Left and Right tweeter when only one tweeter failed. They didn't even ask me first. There were two tweets in the box and I replaced them both - returning the old set of tweeters to the dealer. Again, very cool of Polk Warranty (especially since I was practically on my last month of warranty when the one tweet fried). Cause of failure.... clipping with a Yamaha receiver - me bad.

Thread Information