Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14

    Angry RM6800 subwoofer problems

    My RM6800 subwoofer which I purchased about two months ago has the following problems:
    1. Humming, even without any audio cable connected
    2. Auto-off fuature does not seem to work properly. When I trunoff the receiver, the sub not always turns itself off. Sometimes did, sometimes not.

    Please advise what to do.

  2. #2
     Moderator 
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    3,710

    Default

    Hello,
    Thanks for contacting us, I'm sorry you are having a problem with the RM6800 sub-woofer. You would want to:
    1). unplug the AC power cord and remove the Philips head screws that go around the circumference of the unit's input plate.
    2). pull the input plate away from the cabinet, you'll see some circuitry on the other side of the input plate and a red wire and a black wire going from the circuitry to the woofer. Follow these wires to the woofer and remove them from the woofer terminals.
    3). this assembly is the bass amplifier, send it to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name, address and a copy of your sales receipt. The service department will quickly send a replacement amplifier.
    Regards, Ken

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. Will this resolve the both issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger
    Hello,
    Thanks for contacting us, I'm sorry you are having a problem with the RM6800 sub-woofer. You would want to:
    1). unplug the AC power cord and remove the Philips head screws that go around the circumference of the unit's input plate.
    2). pull the input plate away from the cabinet, you'll see some circuitry on the other side of the input plate and a red wire and a black wire going from the circuitry to the woofer. Follow these wires to the woofer and remove them from the woofer terminals.
    3). this assembly is the bass amplifier, send it to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name, address and a copy of your sales receipt. The service department will quickly send a replacement amplifier.
    Regards, Ken

  4. #4
     Moderator 
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    3,710

    Default

    Hello,
    I believe so, since the complete bass amplifier will be replaced.
    Regards, Ken

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger
    Hello,
    I believe so, since the complete bass amplifier will be replaced.
    Regards, Ken
    Got the replacement back and installed. humming goes away. I connected it on LEFT line-in to receiver's sub pre-out with RCA cable. The sub seems not as powerful as before. I have to roll the knob to the highest. Is there anyway to improve this?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldi
    Got the replacement back and installed. humming goes away. I connected it on LEFT line-in to receiver's sub pre-out with RCA cable. The sub seems not as powerful as before. I have to roll the knob to the highest. Is there anyway to improve this?
    yup. buy a Y adapter so you can use BOTH your left and right subwoofer inputs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts