Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default can anyone do anything with locked drivers?

I have a MW6501 and a MW6600x driver, both are locked up solid. Magnets must've shifted. If anyone can do anything with them, I'd be happy to send them to you for the price of shipping only...
    Ludicrous gibs!

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

replace 'em... :D
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Second that.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Well, duh... I already have two coming to me, should be here tomorrow :)

I meant, if anyone had anything they wanted them for, I'd be happy to send 'em along, otherwise they're going in the trash.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Well, magnets rarely shift unless the speaker sustains one hell of a blow. The voice coils are what most likely shifted. I doubt that is the real problem and there is actually foreign matter wedged in the pole piece/voice coil assembly and there is little teh avergae guy can do to fix it. However, if you do want to fix it, there is next to nothing you can do short of rebuilding a driver if the VCs are stuck to the pole piece. Rebuilding the drivers means that you either buy new parts and glue all the new parts on to the old parts that are still good or buy new drivers and take them apart to harvest the parts. The first choice is unlikely because the most you will find is a surround and dust cap. Cone materials, spiders, voice coils and such that are specific to the drivers are often proprietary and manufacturers are not forthcoming with the info or parts for that matter to support the DIY'er. The second problem, well, why buy new drivers just to strip down? Use the new drivers.

If you were able to rebuild the drivers, you have other problems like debris in the pole piece that is jamming up the works. The pole piece may be damaged and therefore not evenly distributing the magnetic feild across the coil. That causes a pile of different problems.

I realize that the answer is blunt and not very touchy-feely but amulford's right. The only realistic thing you can do with seized drivers is replace them.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Hey, one thing you can do with them is to bust the magnets off the back of the baskets and run a bolt through the center hole. Then get a chain and bolt it on to the bolt thorugh the center hole. Now you have a handy tool for picking up tools, screws, nails and other stuff that falls on the floor or when you get done a project and need to clean up all your tools off the floor!
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Since nobody wants them, I will just be throwing them out. Thanks for looking.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Voice coil did not shift on them...magnets are the culprit here.The pole piece has the coil in a clamped position due to the glue polk used not holding up to the years.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"

Thread Information