Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default SRS-2.3's In the HOUSE!

Thanks to Forum member Hoosier21, our man Russ, led me to a pair of SRS-2.3's down in Reisterstown, MD outside of Baltimore. I picked them up today. These are not the TL's but they are in perfect condition and sound great! The gentleman who sold these to me was the original owner. He has the interconnect cable, a non-commonground interconnect cable, spikes, brackets and the original paperwork. $700 :D

5 months ago, I didn't know what SDAs were. Now I have a pair of SDA-2s with the silk tweeters and a crossover upgrade, RTi6s, RTi28s, CSi40 and my newest addition, the 2.3's. Thanks Russ!

Carl
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Congrats! That's an awesome deal!
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Pics! Pics!:)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Congrats!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Congrats! Those are sweet!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Congrat. This is a steal!! I can't wait to hear what you think :-)

-fredv-

Thanks for your kind words. Wish I had pics. I am without a digital camera for a while. I borrowed a digital camera last weekend to take some shots of my SDA-2 crossover mod. The pics were not framed correctly and I have only a few good shots. I want to post a thread on this project this weekend. I know Stew and probably Noah are very interested in my project. I'll get this posted over the weekend. I'll borrow another camera and try to get some pictures of the 2.3s also.

I have combed over the 2.3s from top to bottom since they've been home. The only marks are underneath the base. Just a few small scratches that probably happened while we were moving these today.

They sound good much more bass than my SDA-2s, but those tweeters have got to go. I'm going to order those real soon.

The nice gentlemen who sold these to me also had a pair of CRS+s with original stands that he didn't want to part with (I'm going to keep working on that)

I also picked up a NAD 1300 preamp and an Adcom GPA-545 both real cheap. I'm ashamed to mention the price, you guys might think I'm a thief.

Carl
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (9)

If those are the 2.3's that were on the Gon' for $1500.00,then you ARE aTHIEF!!!

Good snag...
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL's

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Man thats great...pics and input ASAP! Russ yur a good man!

The one on the Gon were 2.3TLs in Gaithersburg. These were in Reisterstown which is approximately 80 miles from Gaithersburg.

Carl
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Carl,

How are the RTi's and Csi working out that sold to you? I just now got back into the audio scene with the LSi7's I bought from ebay :D . Three months almost killed me, but the 7's were my audio redemption, again.

Congratulatios on the SDA score. I agree, get some pics of those big boys.

Zach
    Tschüss
    Zach

Smile

Hey Zach!

Good to hear from you! I'm using all the speakers I got from you! The RTi28s are upstairs in the living room, small TV rig with sub, not HT!! Just better TV viewing. The CSi40 is in the family room in the HT with RTi6s, SDA-2s and the SVS-12/ISD. The 2.3's will be moving in there after I upgrade the tweeters. The SDA-2s sound so good with the silk tweets and the crossover upgrade, I need to do the same to the 2.3's. I also would like a big 2 channel amp working out of the HT front pre-outs for the 2.3's. Right now I kind of favor the Parasound Halo A21. I need to give that amp a listen and save some dough. It'll be hard with the holidays coming. How's the new house? I've noticed more posts from you lately. I saw you place an early bid on the 2.3 TLs in Atlanta. I thought you said your new place was small? These things are huge!!! Good luck my friend!

Carl
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (11)

New house is not ideal for audio at all, but I could make some major changess for some good SDA's. The LSi7's will probably serve as 2 channel duty in the living room or bedroom for now.

Got to go to bed now.

Later.
    Tschüss
    Zach

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Good goin Carl! What a great package deal.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Glad you got them, hey I just saw a Craigslist ad and pionted Carl to it. They sound like theyt are in great condition.
    Last edited by hoosier21; 11-04-2005 at 11:08 AM.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw
    Thanks to Forum member Hoosier21, our man Russ, led me to a pair of SRS-2.3's down in Reisterstown, MD outside of Baltimore. I picked them up today. These are not the TL's but they are in perfect condition and sound great! The gentleman who sold these to me was the original owner. He has the interconnect cable, a non-commonground interconnect cable, spikes, brackets and the original paperwork. $700 :D
    Very nice, enjoy!
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw
    The nice gentlemen who sold these to me also had a pair of CRS+s with original stands that he didn't want to part with (I'm going to keep working on that)
    Great snag, and i can understand his not wanting to part with the CRS's. The big boys do sound great but IMO the CRS's do the SDA deal the best and to me are a bit more adept at handling low level details. They just seem to be the most balanced of the SDA line, again my opinion. Hope you get lucky on those.

Thread Information