Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question new to car audio setting up first system

Hi guys, I am new to your forum. I have a White 99 Saturn SC2.
    I have Polk Momo 465 speakers for the front. I would like to put the woofer in the stock door location and the tweeters on the door as well. I have coax Polk EX365's for the rear. I am going to power this setup with a 900 watt Boss 5 channel Riot 935. 150x4 300x1 I have a few questions though.
    What kind of wires should I get? I am not going to keep any of the stock wires. Should I use any of the wire that came with my speakers? or just use all new wiring of the head unit to the amp and the amp to the speakers? Any specific brands to Look out for? or known good brands. I also need an amp install kit. The manual says to use at least 8 gauge wire. Any good amp kits?

Thanks!
    -MrPackard

Polk Customer Service

If you want to replace the wire with a upgraded better quality wire, I would suggest using a 16 to 14 gauge oxygen free copper composition wire. Some brands that you might want to consider are Monster Cable, Audioquest, and Kimber Cable.
    For amp kits, look at Metra, Esoteric Audio, Rock Fosgate and Phoenix Gold.

Happy Installing!!
    Kim

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to start my search for wires this weekend. I will let you know how it sounds when I'm done. The guy at Circuit City said my amp was junk though. Boss Riot 5 channel.

Thanks!
    MrPackard

Thread Information