Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default Just pulled the trigger on a new set of speakers!!!!!!!

Yo guys, Finally after about 2 months of running around like a nut listening to a lot of different speakers, it's finally over. I listened to B&W, KEF, MIRAGE, POLK LSi7's 9's 15's 25's, PARADIGM, TOTEM, JM FOCAL, SPENDOR, EPOS, ZU, VON SCHWEIKERT, FJ, MARTIN LOGAN, BOSTON, KLIPSCH, ONIX REF 1's, OHM WALSH & a few others I can't remember. Everything I listened to were great in their own respect, but I was waiting to be grabbed by the sound, I just didn't hear it from these speakers. Maybe I'm just too fussy? I was all over Philly & South Jersey having a ball. (Drove my wife crazy) Then I heard the Phil Jones design AAD 2001's OMG these were it. These monitors grabed me by the balls and wouldn't let go!!! It's the same feeling you get when you look at houses, you just know when it's right. Boy oh boy were these babies ever right for me. The effortless sound the incredible bass, soundstage, you name it these guys produce it in spades. Not very big mind you 13x13x9 but very very heavy almost 50 lbs apiece. These babies deliver all the goods for HT & are just out of this world for 2 channel. It was a great 2 months, these babies are here to stay!!!!

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Pics! Pics! Pics!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

I'd love to post pics but I am not very well versed or computer smart when it comes to that kind of stuff. My friend can help me with it. Hopefully soon.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

They look like some really nice little speakers. If you get a chance I would love a short review of them with your favorite music (or movies) compared to what you had before. What you liked and disliked about your old speakers, and what you like/dislike about the new ones.

Congrats and enjoy,

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by McLoki
    Holy God those look badass

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Congrats Pearsall001 and enjoy!
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Congrats. Interested to know what they sound like.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Those look VERY interesting to say the least, 32hz eh? I've only seen 1 monitor go down that low and it was a Totem Mani II. What are you going to be driving these things with? Did you get the stands with them? I'm very curious...who doesn't want to acheive that kinda bass output with a smaller monitor. I've been looking at Gallo Nucleus Ref 3's for that very reason, dynamic yet small. If there are any dealers up in Canada, I'm going to check these things out.

Actually the owners manual says their frequency response is 25Hz-40KHz. The way these babies sound I have no reason to doubt their specs, the bass is down right scary & the sound is just so powerfull & yet delicate when it calls for it. My room is 13x32 & let me tell you , these babies pressurize the whole room without even breaking a sweat. I am powering them w/ a modified 60 watt Jolida 502B integrated amp. When I first listened to them at Quest for Sound in Bensalem PA. the owner & super nice guy Steven Monte was driving them w/ a 10 watt Consonance int. amp, & they were singing just beautifully. The speaker stands are real lookers but also very expensive. I have them on 20' Target stands filled w/ sand.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

My folks have the exact same speakers. Careful with amplification, as the wrong choice could make them very bright with that horn tweeter.
    Polk LSi9 Mains, Polk LSIC Center, Polk RT25i Surrounds, Polk M3II Rear Surround, SVS PB10-ISD Sub, Denon AVR 2809 (as digital pre/pro only), Sony BDP-S350, Oppo DV-981HD, Cambridge Audio Azur 540C (CD), Marantz MM9000 5-ch amp, Outlaw ICBM, Panasonic th-42PX85u HDTV, Behringer BFD Pro, Monster Power HTS 2600 Conditioner

Thread Information