Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default FS: Polk Monitor 10, pair, early vintage

Here we have an early pair of Polk Monitor 10 speakers in dark wood-look vinyl veneer. I picked these up from eBay this past summer to bring back the nostalgia of my youth. My dad purchased a pair of these new in about 1979 and I was thus “raised on them” in a sense. Anyway, my trip down memory lane is complete so here they are. I paid a premium for these because they were in pretty decent shape (before shipping) and I paid a small fortune in shipping to get them to me. Unfortunately, they took a bit of a beating (more of a rubbing actually) in shipping to me so the cosmetics leave a bit to be desired now by my standards. They were well packed as far as safety from major damage from dropping, etc., so there are no dents/breaks in the cabinet. But they were not firmly packed in the box and so were allowed to move around and rub. This produced some peeling of the vinyl veneer, especially along the back edges and bottoms. And the rubbing put holes in one of the grills along the edge of the woofer. The good news is that all the drivers appear to be, and sound like they are, intact! The speakers are operationally in great shape and sound great for 25 year old speakers. I’m taking a hit on them and offer them here for $100. They are worth my asking price for the drivers alone.

These are for pickup/meet only in the southeastern part of Pennsylvania. I live in Limerick and work in Horsham so if you are anywhere close to those places we can arrange a pickup/meeting.

I am new to selling here but please view my feedback at Audiogon (“Lowfidelity”) and eBay (“fuban”) and buy with confidence. Here are links to my feedback:
    [URL]http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=Lowfidelity&&&&[/URL]
    [URL]http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fuban[/URL]

Thanks for looking!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk Back 1.JPG‎
Views:	159
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	12632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk Back 2.JPG‎
Views:	194
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	12633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk with grills.JPG‎
Views:	159
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	12634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk no grills 1.JPG‎
Views:	205
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	12635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk no grills 2.JPG‎
Views:	213
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	12636  

Last edited by Lowfidelity; 12-21-2005 at 08:31 AM.

Still available.

Let me add that I am very picky with speaker condition. I tend to make things sound worse than they are. Come have a look at them and judge for yourself.

Thanks!

-- Lowfidelity

Back-to-top.
    Last edited by Lowfidelity; 12-21-2005 at 08:31 AM.

Thread Information