Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question Jaguar X-Type, 1-ohm? Any experiences?

Got a new Jag X-Type, and I'm looking to open up the audio's range a bit more than the factories are giving me (I could only get the standard CD, not the premium audio package). Word has it, though, that it's equipped with 1-ohm speakers and proprietary head-end & connections.

Before I start shopping around and getting sticker-shocked (the car's sticker was enough for this month :D ), has anyone had experience with upgrading one of these Jags? Is my only real option a total tear-out/re-work?

Thanks!
    -Bill
    --
    fellini8.5

Polk Customer Service

Bill,
    When I have encountered such a system it usually means that the amplifier driving these speakers uses active equalization, and is a low impedance drive design. You might want to see if you can obtain the specifications on this system to see if this is the case before replacing the speakers. If you have luck like I do, then this means replacing the whole system. A good example of this type of system is the Delco - Bose systems used in GM vehicles.

Thanks,
    Kim

Hmm, the more I look into it, the more it sounds like a re-do is the case. There's a good audio shop in town where I buy my home theatre gear; I'll see if their installers have any experience with one of these yet.

Thanks!
    --
    fellini8.5

Thread Information