Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rt1000i's

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Rt1000i's

Ken,

Can a RT1000i handle 250 watts into the top binding post? With plates removed? if so why isn't the same drivers as the RT35i's??
    Or does the cross over suck up a lot of watts?

I thought that the full range speaker could handle 250 watts , set me straight !

Thanks !!;)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

INTERESTING QUESTION,
    i'm interested in Ken's response.I'm not sure where your going with this.......or is it a can they handle the awesome ref7270??
    My answer is yes all day long.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Default BUBBA

I would say yes. Even with the jumper in place you're not using your amp's power to drive the built-in subwoofer (since it has it's own amp), you're basically just sending it the signal. So, with the jumper removed, your amp is still seeing the same load; it's just not passing the low frequencies to the sub amp. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's my theory. My question for you is why are you using them with the jumper plate removed? The optimal hookup method is with the jumper in place.

Aaron

Hello,
    I believe the fundamental question you're asking is why is the RT1000i recommended to be used with amplifiers from 30 to 250 Watts/channel and the RT35i (which uses the same tweeters and drivers) we recommend amplifiers from 20 to 125 Watts/channel, correct? The crossover, in the RT1000i has a built-in high pass filter to prevent bass frequencies from going to the 6.5" driver on the front of the cabinet. Since the designers knew there was going to be a self-contained 6.5" driver in a band pass enclosure with a 35 Watt amplifier, there was the ability to design in a high pass filter. In the RT35i the incoming signal doesn't pass through a high pass filter, therefore the recommended amplifier specification is different.
    Regards, Ken

Makes sense to me Ken Thanks!!! IF I driving the RT35i with a LF cuttoff of say 100-120 HZ the RT35 can handle much power MId and high frequenzy power.:p

Hey Ken also is the low frequency crossover ( the one that seperates the mid and high driver from the powered sub) passive or is it active?????

I guess I would have to try hooking it up three different ways. Listen and see what sounds best.:p
    Last edited by BBUBBA; 04-26-2002 at 11:18 PM.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Hmmm...
    1 driver 125 Watts (RT35i)
    2 drivers 250 Watts (RT55i)
    4 drivers (and one SDA driver) 500 Watts (SRS SDA 3.1TL)
    8 drivers 1000 Watts (SRS SDA 1.2TL)

Basically, every 6-1/2" driver sucks up 125 watts.
    Interesting.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

thats one way of lookin at it
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

125w on a 6 1/2" driver at what volume setting, would the wattage change as you change the volume control or am i wrong about it. or is the wattage set at a standed reference volume setting before clipping. then it would be 125w for a 61/2" driver at reference volume setting, or at maxium setting before clipping
    Last edited by joe logston; 05-06-2002 at 08:21 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

You thinkin' RMS or what Joe?

Thanks, Russ

you are right russ 125w rms for ea. channel.thats per speaker so the 6 1/2" driver is limed to 125w and you have two 6 1/2 " drivers and a tweeter with gets around 40w thats about 300w rms per channel so you can have a 300w rms amp for the rt55i and run it at referance volume with no sweat.
    it would be easyer on the rt55i to run the 300w rms amp than a 80w rms amp at referance volume
    Last edited by joe logston; 05-12-2002 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information