Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question H/K AVR owner's, please help

I recently got an AVR 230 and had a quick question.

Whenever I switch sources, and sometimes channels, my AVR defaults to "logic 7 5ch mu". My question is, how can I change this default to something else, say "Dolby PL"?

I didn't have any luck finding this in the owners manual so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

It shoudl revert to wahtever you had that source set to last. So say you go to "Video 2" and set it to "Dolby PL", then switch away. When you switch BACK it should still be on "Dolby PL". I don't know that there's a way to change the default, but they should remember their settings.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

hook up your 230 to your TV via a yellow RCA-type cable.

Push the "OSD" button on your remote and just go through the entire menu.

For what it's worth- for analog sources like CD, TV/SAT, etc... (that aren't DTS, Dolby 5.1) Logic-7 walks all over Dolby Prologic II.

Quote Originally Posted by aaharvel
    hook up your 230 to your TV via a yellow RCA-type cable.

Push the "OSD" button on your remote and just go through the entire menu.

For what it's worth- for analog sources like CD, TV/SAT, etc... (that aren't DTS, Dolby 5.1) Logic-7 walks all over Dolby Prologic II.
    I finally got around to hooking up the RCA cable and going through the OSD to set my defaults.

However, my problem still exists.

Using the OSD I set Logic 7 to Cinema and then exit. When I switch tv channels to a digital channel and then back to a non-digital channel it reverts back to Logic 7 Music When I go back to the OSD it's been reset to Music again.

I wonder if this is a glitch w/my refurbed AVR or a glitch w/my HD Tivo.

I don't know what else to try. It gets really annoying having to constantly change from Music to Cinema so any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I had the same issue with one of my HKs, but when I got one of the Harmony remotes, my problem was solved because I can program that in to the remote...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (6)

harmans will constantly sense changes in the audio stream. i watch satellite in logic7 but when there is a break in the programming such as a commercial there is also a break in the stream. when the stream returns, it'll sense dolby digital 5.1 and revert back to it. then i've gotta friggin' push through the soundfields all over again. i have my avr set up for the logic7. actually the dolby es movie setting or whatever. gets old and annoying.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZILL
    harmans will constantly sense changes in the audio stream. i watch satellite in logic7 but when there is a break in the programming such as a commercial there is also a break in the stream. when the stream returns, it'll sense dolby digital 5.1 and revert back to it. then i've gotta friggin' push through the soundfields all over again. i have my avr set up for the logic7. actually the dolby es movie setting or whatever. gets old and annoying.
    hmm, so I take it there's no solution?

not that i know of. it about kills me as well. that damned button to switch modes on the remote will be the first to wear down!!! more so than the volume or even power button!

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Return if you can, and get a refurbed 635. It may be out of your price range, but I do know that the recently released upgrade fixes this problem. Or maybe get the 435. The upgrade for it should be out shortly. If neither of these are an option, you may have to get a different brand of receiver or just live with the problem. I love HK's stuff, but little issues like this shouldn't be tolerated.

as far as my avr is concerned, it is up-to-date. date of manufacture is like august '05.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

Thread Information