Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default RT speakers and tubes

I know you guys have heard me say it a million times. The RT series sounds AWESOME on tubes. My RT fetish started after hearing my first pair of RT speakers. So far I've heard the RT5, RT800i and now the RT15i on my gear.

I just received my pair of 15i from Beardog today and have them playing on my Dyna. They're all similar on tubes. The sound just floats around the room and the speakers dissapear. I love it.

I've yet to hear the new RTi in my system. I'm not a fan of their new tweeters.

So all you tube heads, if you have a pair of RT speakers laying around, give them a run on your gear. Very fun speakers.

Maurice
    CD Player: Original CD-A8T
    Receiver: Harman/Kardon HK3390
    Speakers: Polk Audio RT1000p
    "I would rather have a cup of tone than an ocean of power" **Dr. Harvey Rosenberg**

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Setting up the RT7's to be run on a rig with a 4w SEP 6V6 amp. They really open up in the top end with tubes. So does the current Monitor line - you wouldn't believe how different (for the better) they sound on tubes. It's an entirely different speaker.
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 12-13-2005 at 06:16 PM.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I couldn't agree more. They sound completely different on tubes. They sound congested(sp?) on solid state and fully BloomeD on tubes. Transistors give my RT's a cold and tubes is the only cure.

RT7's! That's awesome.
    CD Player: Original CD-A8T
    Receiver: Harman/Kardon HK3390
    Speakers: Polk Audio RT1000p
    "I would rather have a cup of tone than an ocean of power" **Dr. Harvey Rosenberg**

Thread Information