Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Default HT from TV Connection

On very rare events when I try to play my TV through the HT system, I only get a faint sound coming from my HT speakers. I have to turn the receiver almost all the way up to get a decent sound. It's gotta be a setup or connection issue. I have an RCA cable from the "TV Out" connected to my receiver's "TV In." I turn the volume down on the TV, and I put the receiver on "TV."

Does the TV tuner box need to be in the loop? If so, my tuner box is old and only has S-video and digital coax. I have two digital coax connections on my receiver and they are labelled "DVD" and "CD."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Member Sales Rating: (3)

First, check if the audio output is set to max in the menu of the box. My cable box audio out is variable, so I set it to the max level.

Even when set to max, the output is lower than other sources. I typically would need to set my receiver about 10 dB higher for cable vs. other sources.

I would definitely use the digital audio coax out from the box, as your receiver's DAC will be better than the one in the cable box. You can use the DVD or CD coax input on your receiver, whichever is not in use with another source.

Adam
    Polk LS90
    Polk CS400i
    Polk FX500i
    Outlaw LFM-1 Sub
    Polk Monitor 7C (secondary location)
    Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX
    Audiosource Amp Three (2), Amp One/A (1)
    Cambridge Audio C500 Preamp
    Sony 222ES CD/SACD
    MSB Nelson Link III DAC with P1000 Power Supply, Music Hall DAC 25.2
    Squeezebox Classic
    Sony BDP-S1000ES
    JVC DLA-HD250 Projector
    Da-Lite HCCV - 100" Permwall 16:9
    Time Warner HD Cable
    Panamax 500 DBS
    MIT, Blue Jeans, AR, Outlaw Cables
    System Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I plugged the TV tuner's digital coax into the CD coax on the receiver. Seems to be working better.

Thanks.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Thread Information