Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Lsi speaker height

I was just wondering what height of speaker stands any of you guys use for the lsi bookshelfs. I started at about 22 inches and then upgraded to 26 inches and am thinking about upgrading again to 34 inches. Iím sure that sounds crazy, but they do sound much better as I more the tweeter up to ear level. Any way here is the stand I was lookin intoÖ

http://www.electroshops.com/pop/sauf.htm

..you guys have any other suggestions?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

ear-level when i'm sitting down.

24" stands imo are perfect.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

LSi7's or LSi9's? I'd think 24" to 30" would be suitable for most folks, depending on how they sit.
    1. JM Labs Electra 920.1 and CC30; MB Quart Vera Sub; Pioneer SC-57; Squeezebox Touch; Panasonic BDT-500 Blu-Ray; Samsung 52" LCD; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S3 cables
    2. Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SE; Classe Model 25; Marantz SA8004; Acoustech PH1P; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall MMF7; PS Audio P1000; MIT S2 cables
    3. Polk SDA 2A; Parasound Halo JC-2 and A21; Musical Fidelity X-DAC; Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio 4.7; MIT S1 cables

i have lsi9s. i found that with a 26" stand, they sound good when sitting on the floor. When im in my char, the tweeter is still about 7 inches too low.

Just try to have your ears be at tweeter level... thats all I did.
    Joey's College Gear:
    Current Gear:
    SB3 -> PS Audio DAC III -> Cary Audio SLP-98Phono Tube PreAmp w/ Sylvania NOS 6sn7 tubes -> Plinius SA102 Class A amp -> Martin Logan SUMMIT/Strata Mini -> :D
    Old Gear:
    Martin Logan Vantage (4.75/5)-ML Mosaic (4.25/5)-Onix Ref1 (3.7/5)-Sonus Faber Concerto (3.5/5)-SF Concertino (3/5)-Axiom M22ti (2.75/5)-Polk LSi9 (3.75/5)-LSi7 (3.25/5)-HK AVR330-Rotel RC1070/RB1070/RB1090-SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    RUSH Med School 2008!!:D

yea, im pretty sure im gonna get some between 32 and 35 inches, just dont know which ones. Once you start getting over 26 inches you have to worry about having little kids tipping them over. anyone out there fill in the stands with steel shot? any ideas where to get it cheap, or how much it will cost, or how much extra weight i would need so they dont tip over?

tweets at ear level is probably most important. but it's worth remembering that raising speaks and the listening position away from the floor is another option to change things like tonal balance, clarity and image stability.

i've tried many different heights in a lot of different placements. every time i've raised my 9's sq has improved to my ear. my lsi9's have settled in with the tweets at ear level on 34" stands.

if you're concerned about tipping, in addition to weight, a wider/deeper base will add more stability. i think 4 point bases offer a little more protection too.

)

ok, thanks. scottnbnj, what brand of stands did you end up getting?

29" dont get anything lower or it might sound unbalanced IMO.
    Outlaw M200s
    Outlaw ICBM
    Yamaha reciver
    Panasonic: AE900U
    POLK LSi 15s
    POLK LSi 9s
    POLK LSi C

i found a pair of energy/api sst2234's locally that i couldn't pass up. i liked them because the height is adjustable and i can't resist playing with stuff like that.

this is the first link i found to a pic:

http://www.hifihenkes.de/PRODUKTE/EN...er_sst2234.htm

i can't recommend them to anyone though. they sway in the breeze if you don't add some sort of bracing to stiffen them up. it's not much of a problem if you're good at that sort of thing and have the tools to do it though.

)

Mine are at 31" which puts the tweeter at ear level. They sound great.
    Jgladden

Yamaha RX V2200
    Adcom 7000
    Polk LSiC
    Polk LSi9
    Polk 404 Sub
    Polk LSIFX
    Sony 55" LCD HDTV

Thread Information