Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 63
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (27)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    20,951

    Angry I must...I must rant... I mean i really must...

    You know... Ive always known Im a different kind of "teen". I put "..." around Teen because there are two types. There are the type of teens (the more popular kind) that is rebellious, inconsiderate, sociopaths and just wants to make life their own lil dance floor. I am the exact opposite of this. While I like to have fun as much as the next person, I do not find TPing, egging, flouring peoples houses and cars a fun activity. I do not find coming in and out of peoples houses (over 30 people in one night) from 11pm to 4am, causing the parents to have no sleep and be completely stressed for work a fun activity...

    I do not find rebelling against my parents a fun activity...

    So I guess I am different? Because I see this oh so often in my house. My sister wonders why I do not like her in the least bit, its because she is such a..such... such a jackass.

    I mean really. If I had woken up last night... I would of gone outside to get a bat and rallied everyone out of this house.

    My Mom works 8 hours (sometimes more) a day... comes home, studies for school... goes to school after those long 8 hours and then studies...she has to be a employee, a student, and a Mom...

    The house was finally clean and my sister comes home from college and wanted to name this house grand central! WTF...

    Not only that, but she had been rolling peoples houses, infact... there was over 20 trash bags full of toilet paper in our garage...

    These people come into this house, trash it, make all kinds of noise throughout the night...

    They dont pick up after theirself and they leave and the people that care or have the time (namely me) to pick it up...

    I have never seen people so inconsider of other people and their property. If this is a "teen"... then I say f*ck them.

    My kids will know what respect is and they will know what respect is to other people. Period and End.

    Maybe its because I havnt really had a chance to have a "teen life" - working for my Dad, working around the house, helping my Mom and patroling my sister. Its about enough to make anyone go mad...

    So f*cking tired of it folks...

    If my sister was not a girl... I would have kicked her @$$ SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long ago... SOOOOOOO LONG ago...

    Rule 1 when going to other peoples houses - TREAT IT AS IF IT WAS YOURS. AND IF YOU TRASH YOURS, TREAT IT LIKE ANYONE CIVILIZED WOULD.

    God almighty...
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

    "No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    16,228

    Default

    She's in college and still teepee's houses?

    Have you tried tightly wrapping your hand around her neck and explaining it to her nicely?
    Last edited by steveinaz; 12-21-2005 at 03:46 PM.

    Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti
    Posts
    12,608

    Default

    Rant all you like Sid. Don't tell anyone, but I think you might just turn out ok.

    BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    proud of you, Sid! continue with that kind of life philosophy, one day you'll look back and appreciated where you came from, and the wealth that comes with it.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Funny Farm"no doubt there"
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Your on track there little buddy. In fact I'm gonna buy you a 50 gallon drum of Armour All.

    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    12,054

    Default

    Armor-all speakers, tping houses, whats the difference...

    You really should get out more often.

    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

    Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    15,835

    Default

    good for you Trey, you got a big leap ahead of a lot of other "teens" your age.

    I think i'm gonna tear up soon... NOT!

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    12,054

    Default

    I just feel so sorry for him having to clean up because people visit. Oh the burden which has fallen on him. Isn't it a shame we have to put up with other people.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

    Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (19)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,170

    Default

    Sid -- since you're the man of the house, lay down the rules of conduct on your sister. It doesn't matter if she's older. She damn sure ain't acting like it. If she doesn't comply, embarass her in front of her friends. I'm sure you can think of lots of fun and innovative ways to do that.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

    "God grooves with tubes."

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    is she hot, Sid?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

  11. #11
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Over Yonder
    Posts
    7,883

    Default

    I'm not sure about sis, but rumor about his momma is... . .. . . . . ;)

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    eewwww, Sean!............................................. ........is she?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (27)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    20,951

    Default

    Chuck...

    I normally have no problems with your posts, but you are coming down to a jackass status... not because you dont agree with me - but because you are doing something no one should ever do... and that is assume.

    You are assuming I am mad because this is the first time this has happened. You are also assuming I am mad because I had to clean up after other people.

    No see, you are wrong.

    I am mad because our house has been egged and tped - multiple times. No see, I am mad because our garage window was broken because my sister couldnt come back later with a key, but HAD to get in RIGHT THEN. And they refused to replace the window because she had something so important to do...

    No see.. I am mad because my sister is abusive on a verbal and sometimes physical level to my Mom. And Until I was bigger than her, this did not stop.

    No see, the fact she has no respect for people and their rules, even in her own family is why I am mad. That she constantly needs a patrolmen...constantly trying to ride the boundary, coming home at rediculous hours at night... making my Mom go insane...

    I honestly do not care about what happened last night. I am just so sick and f*cking tired of cleaning up after my sister, and making life easier for her so she can destruct once again. I'm tired of coming home hearing about the absolutely STUPID and CARELESS things she does that is passed off because "people cant control her" because she has "ADHD" because she "dosnt listen to anyone" - its BS. Absolute BS. Maybe because she thinks she can evade from any situation and annoy people into submission, but dangit... it dosnt work...

    I am not mad because of simple things...Im annoyed and god almighty... I don't want to take it anymore... How can people HONESTLY live this way? Do they NOT see what they do to other people?

    You are probally saying Im an uptight guy, and you know what.. I might be... but i have had "respect others and respect their property" pushed down my throat from day 1 and when people dont and then keep doing it and keep trying to push those limits... it just aggrivates me to no end...

    When you have to put locks on things in your own house to keep other family members from tinkering with it... you have a problem...

    Now you may find my frustrations a little insignificant to what you think is significant... but right now... all I can say is OH WELL. Because I don't really care.

    Have a NICE day.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

    "No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    12,054

    Default

    Oh sorry, I didn't realize she had ADHD. You should be a little more tolerant.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

    Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Oh sorry, I didn't realize she had ADHD. You should be a little more tolerant.
    madmax
    LMAO...now that is some funny sh*t madmax
    People who think they know everything, really annoy those of us who do.

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    11,636

    Default

    Sid, you are growing into a fine young man.

    Now you need to go one step further. CALL THE COPS ON YOUR SISTER!!!

    I assume she is now 18 yrs old. She is now considered an adult. It is time that you showed her what that means. When she is dragged out in handcuffs she just might get a clue.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    8,008

    Default

    Mom would have to make that call, since Sid's a minor and it's not his place of ownership residence.......

    I'd at least suggest a harsh confrontation late at night with all her friends over yelling and telling her that she, and all her friends, are being inconsiderate pricks while people are trying to sleep at night.
    .
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    .
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    11,636

    Default

    Kids dial 911 in emergencies all the time. Just claim that a fight is going on & let the cops sort out the rest. Just having them knock on the door will be enough to give the dumb idiots a wake up call.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,626

    Default

    Trey's a freak, plain and simple, a FREAK!!! :D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz
    Kids dial 911 in emergencies all the time. Just claim that a fight is going on & let the cops sort out the rest. Just having them knock on the door will be enough to give the dumb idiots a wake up call.
    The police are the very last people Sid should be calling!!!!!!!!!!
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    11,636

    Default

    Hell better yet, Sid if you have a cell phone, call one of your neighbors & have them call the cops. Once they get there & hear all the noise it becomes self explainatory!!! :D
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    11,636

    Default

    Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    The police are the very last people Sid should be calling!!!!!!!!!!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,506

    Default

    hopefully sis can be straightened out without getting herself a nice police history that will follow her through life.

    POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

    XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

    http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php

    Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

  24. #24
    webdude
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Nebraska... that's in the USA, right?
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Sid,
    By cleaning up after her and letting her get her way with no consequences you are acting as an enabler. She needs to learn responsibility for her actions - whether by family authority or by city/state authority - before someone gets hurt and the scheisse hits the fan. You have a level head on your shoulders and she doesn't, she uses her ADHD as an excuse for her behavior.

    Our 10 year old son has ADHD and we're teaching him, albeit slowly and carefully, by using consistent parenting and understanding consequences to help him make better choices.

    It sounds as if your sister has yet to learn the way of reasonability, she needs a good, hard, and quick kick of reality to get her to pull her head out of her backside. Good luck my friend.
    Michael

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston/San Antonio (College)
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Mom has it hard here too...but she raised us right...

    do as much as you can for your mom but really...need to put the sister in line...

    I respect what you're doing Sid but if you rant to us and don't take action then nothing will happen.

    Me and my brother didn't get the crap that everyone else did but we did have respect for everyone's houses and things/property in general.

    Just take some action against your sister...talk to your mom and let your sis know how things might be without you two's support...

    Just set her straight.

    Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (27)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    20,951

    Default

    While I completely agree with you that me cleaning up after her is not helping the situation...

    But you have to understand that if I dont do it, she definitely isnt going to... that leaves my Mom.

    And well...that wont solve anything either...

    And why shouldnt I call the cops? What are they going to talk to me about?
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

    "No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    And why shouldnt I call the cops? What are they going to talk to me about?
    Sid, the police are not going to help you with your family problems or straighten out your sister, nothing good would come from calling the police! Some type of counseling is what is needed not the police. If your mom can't afford it or your sister refuses to accept help you might consider asking for some counseling at school if it is available, it might not do much good for your sis but it might help you deal with it better.

    Hope things work out for you.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    5,572

    Default

    a roll of duct tape, and a bar of soap in a sock...

    nuff said...!










    sounds like mom needs to lay down the laws and make sure they are met to the letter..zero tolerence..
    if someone can`t respect the homefront and the family members in it, they need to be made to leave..

    just my .o2

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,506

    Default

    yes, why is moms not reprimanding your sis? she needs to dish out some 'tough love'.

    POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

    XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

    http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php

    Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

  30. #30

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    877

    Default

    I agree!
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts