Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Foot plate for rt800

I'm dumb when it comes to high end audio but my father hooked me up with a sweet system that has to rt800... Now, these speakers have a sort of... Foot plate.. and I don't know what caused it but one of them cracked... So now the speaker is leaning back... I noticed they can be removed so I was curious about two things...

1) If I take the plates off and sit the speakers directly on the carpet, would that damage them in any way?

2) Is there any place where I can buy another plate?

Thank you so much for your patience... I haven't asked my father, as he would take the first plane out and kill me before dawn.... lol

SSO

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Order a new base, direct from Polk.

polkcs@polkaudio.com
    9am - 6pm, M-F, EST (USA)
    800-377-7655 toll free phone
    410-764-5470 fax
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

PS:

Removing the base is bad (since you have to set it on the floor) - removing the base itself is no big deal.

Unless I am mistaken, they are bottom ported and the port fires into the base... blocking the port by setting it on the floor is a bad thing.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default yes...

Thank you for the info! Yes, there is a hole in the bottom of the speaker, I assumed it was there for the release of air or something... I'll just order a new foot platE!!!

Thread Information