Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default subs in single cab ranger

okay i wanna know what can i put in my 1994 ford ranger single cab :( if anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appriciated thanks.

depends on what you're looking for (sound quality or spl or a mix) and what your budget is...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs

I would think you could put a couple 10's in there. A sealed box for most subs on the market wouldnt be bigger than .7 ft3 which could easily be made to fit behind the seat of a regular cab Ranger.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Check out the mtx thunderform enclosures they are made for most vehicles. For ford rangers 93-97 they have a 10 inch sealed enclosure that fits behind the passenger seat without giving up leg room.

I am going to help my friend try to put one in his Ranger when he gets back from vacation later in the month. He is looking at the Sounsplinter RL-i8. We will be putting an MTX amp in there too :). He has the extended cab so we should have a little more room.

If you do not have the extended cab, I would look into the prefab enclosures. My friend bought a Q-Logic one for his F-150 and put two JL 8's in there. It is being pushed by a Kicker ZR240, and the bass output is very nice.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin

Id advise you not to go with any more than one 10/12. I had a 94 ranger single cab and had 2 10s in there for a short while. Only problem was it made it a pain trying to drive a stick sitting too close to the clutch. The cabin is so small that a decent 10 would be more than enough bass for you.

Put it behind the passengers seat and maybe put the amp behind your seat and youre good to go. Just remember that the cabin is extremely small and the sub will be directly behind you....so it wont take mouch to "feel" the bass.

I think youd be better off buying better speakers for the doors and amping those. I tried some 6x9s for a while and those seemed to work pretty good as well. Who knows it might just be enough to please you, at least for a while.
    Last edited by DSkip; 01-14-2006 at 02:47 AM.

I agree with the single sub route. Ive driven trucks most of my life and have used both single and double subs and while the double subs have more output and piss off more neighbors, the single sub blends better with the midrange and sounds more musical.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Default alrighty

thanks alot for all of the info i appreciate it!

i have a single memphis mojo in my 86 nissan sounds better than ne thin i ever put in my truck and i have had up to four subs in there b4

Thread Information