Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default add on processor?

Can preamp processors be hooked up to a preamp/power amp, and be used just as a processor while still using your preamp. I ask this as I am very happy with my current preamp, but would like to add a current pre/pro. It seems like add on amp processors or just processors have become scarce these days. I really just want an amp processor with surround amps and center, and DPLll.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Can we assume that you now have a stereo (2 Channel) preamp now, and would like to add surround? It can be done but if you are using only 1 set of speakers, than you will have 2 volume controls. Some stereo preamps have a home theater pass thru circuit that will allow a 2nd processor by setting the 2 channel preamp to disengage the volume control. What gear, speakers do you have now?
    Venom
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

Thread Information