Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnolia

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Magnolia

Since I am in the market for a decent sub for around the $500 mark, I was wondering what subs should I look at now that we have a Magnolia in one of the Bestbuys near me?

I was planning on getting an SVS, but I would rather be able to test and not have to worry about shipping...

then if I did get something else, I'd probably always be wondering what I'm missing by passing on the SVS..

Anybody ever been to a Magnolia's?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Yes. For $500 you aren't going to get anything close to what SVS gives you from Magnolia. Stick with SVS. Shipping isn't that much and you've got 45 days trial / return period. You have to pay a re-stocking fee with returns to Magnolia (from what I've heard).

Are you thinking about the PB-10 or the 25-31 PCi?
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

yeah..im thinking of either the PB10 or the 12 inch one...so either I spend $420 or $599 plus shipping

plus I have to consider the WAF...they're huge boxes

Member Sales Rating: (4)

PB10-ISD @ $429

25-31 PCi @ $549

20-39 PCi @ $599
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I vote for the 20-39!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

I think the PB10 will fly WAF wise as much as the best sub youll get in your price range at Magnolia. She might freak at the cyliner. at least the PB10 you can sell as an endtable (if you absolutly have too)
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

krabby,
    Donít forget the Hsu VTF-2 MK 2, which is in your price range and received some excellent reviews. You also get a 30 day money back guarantee. They also sometimes have refurbished units. Anyway good luck.
    Bill

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Well, I'm not sure about the Best Buy mini-Magnolias, but the stand alone Magnolias have a 30 day, no questions asked return policy. No box, no problem. And no restocking fees. They just sell it open box and suck it up. It's on the salesperson to get you into the right gear in the first place. For $500, everyone is right, you can't touch the depth and heft of SVS with anything Magnolia has. The Martin Logan Dynamo gets you most of the way there, with a hell of a lot more accuracy than SVS, especially for music, but even that is $600. However, if you're not opposed to financing, I would suggest the Martin Logan Grotto for $1000 over the PB10 every day of the week. Sleek, attractive, small and the glory of ML's musicality and sealed box design. You may give up a few Hz in extension, not really noticable, but you gain a lot in terms of tightness and accuracy. At least do yourself a favor and go experience one. I can't say enough good things about Martin Logan subs. They also have a level of craftsmanship that I feel SVS can't match. They are high-end dealer products, so it goes with the territory.
    Current System:

Mitsubishi 30" LCD LT-3020 (for sale**)
    Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand (Rosewood)-Mains (with Audioquest Mont Blanc cables)
    CSi5-Center (for sale**)
    FXi3-surrounds (for sale**)
    Martin Logan Depth-Sub
    B&K AVR 507
    Pimare CD21-CD Player
    Denon 1815-DVD Player
    Panamax M5500-EX-Line Conditioner

Thread Information