Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default lsi and rti again...

Here's my question.yesterday,I went and listened to some polks at sound advice.The rti 12's were too much for me (too much sound not money)Anyway,I liked the 10's.I never listened to the lsi's,but would lsi 9's compare to the rti 10's.Price of them are close,so money is not an issue.right now I have older polk bookshelfs(rti28's).should I go with the rti 10 Towers or lsi 9 bookshelfs.I 60\40 music\ht room size-13x26 with 9 foot ceilings

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Get lsi's. They kick ass. Better for hT and music. Just dont try to run them with some Panasonic HTIB receiver.
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (27)

There is a reason why Polks top of the line is called the top of the line, and thats because its their current top of the line. It is better than the mid line AND the bottom of the line.

This means the LSi is better than the RTi AND Monitor, while the RTi is only better than the Monitor...

So yes, the LSi will be better, but they need an amp or a high quality receiver.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

the lsi 9's will produce as much and enough sound to fill the 13x26 area.More so than the floor standing rti 12's?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman23
    the lsi 9's will produce as much and enough sound to fill the 13x26 area.More so than the floor standing rti 12's?
    Not more than the 12s but enough for your room at decent levels...............but the quality of sound is better. Most describe it as smoother and more natural.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman23

that's not what you originally asked.... you wanted to know which was better the RTi12's or LSI 9's. not which will produce as much or enough sound.. both will do it, just depends the level of quality you want to attain, and do you have enough power to drive the LSi's.

I sometimes make my speaker decision by do i want bookshelves or do i want towers. that narrows my decision.. and make it somewhat easier. we can't tell yo what to buy, it's your decision and your home theater.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

RTi will be perfectly fine if you do mostly home theater, but since you seem to do mostly music, trust us. get the LSi's, and very good amplification. go used for the amplification if need be.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I agree with that much time spent listening to music the Lsi would be the better choice. Going with the 9's would be a great choice, however you should invest in a nice sub for the bottom end, as they will not have as much bass as a tower. And, like everyone said, only do it if you can drop the coin to amplify them properly.
    Current System:

Mitsubishi 30" LCD LT-3020 (for sale**)
    Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand (Rosewood)-Mains (with Audioquest Mont Blanc cables)
    CSi5-Center (for sale**)
    FXi3-surrounds (for sale**)
    Martin Logan Depth-Sub
    B&K AVR 507
    Pimare CD21-CD Player
    Denon 1815-DVD Player
    Panamax M5500-EX-Line Conditioner

Mailman,
    You have a PM

The LSi are superior to the RTi and I feel that only a minority believe otherwise (and some of those havent even heard the LSi in a proper system). I feel tha the LSi will give you a more realistic vocal reproduction and a smoother midrange along with airy highs that very rarely detract from the sonic reproduction.
    Joey's College Gear:
    Current Gear:
    SB3 -> PS Audio DAC III -> Cary Audio SLP-98Phono Tube PreAmp w/ Sylvania NOS 6sn7 tubes -> Plinius SA102 Class A amp -> Martin Logan SUMMIT/Strata Mini -> :D
    Old Gear:
    Martin Logan Vantage (4.75/5)-ML Mosaic (4.25/5)-Onix Ref1 (3.7/5)-Sonus Faber Concerto (3.5/5)-SF Concertino (3/5)-Axiom M22ti (2.75/5)-Polk LSi9 (3.75/5)-LSi7 (3.25/5)-HK AVR330-Rotel RC1070/RB1070/RB1090-SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    RUSH Med School 2008!!:D

Member Sales Rating: (20)

what he said,,^^^

If you're going to use a receiver ie. Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Harman Kardon...go with the RTI's you don't have the electronics otherwise to drive the LSi's.

Thread Information