Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (58)

It's for any amplifier, that's just marketing BS.
    Last edited by dorokusai; 02-13-2006 at 10:49 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Hey, I represent that comment! I do marketing BS for a living
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Thinking about trying one of these, for $33 what the heck.
    BTW, my current (no pun intended) PC says it's 13AWG/pole. Does anybody know what that means? Does it mean each of the 3 conductors are 13AWG or does it mean the total of the 3 conductors = 13AWG?

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999
    Hey, I represent that comment! I do marketing BS for a living
    Ah...I see...a PROFESSIONAL bull****ter.....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Quote Originally Posted by tryrrthg
    Does anyone know the difference between the Super Punch and the Power Punch? Is it just the right angle plug?
    FWIW, the Super Power Punch has a ferrite impregnated jacket as well.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Shack - some days more professional than others :D
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Thanks for the replies guys. At that price I may have to give one a try.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Not only the price is right... the seller is great too....

I ordered three, and this is the first time that I get positive feedback as soon as I paid. Then I got tracking number a couple of hours later..and it was not just "data transmitted to UPS"...it had actually shipped.

I had to give him positive feedback after this, even though I've not received the cords yet. You don't see many selllers like this.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Ordered two of these off ebay last week and they arrived today. As far as I can tell, they sound great. They are a lot smaller in diameter than I anticipated --they're about one-half the thickness of the PS Audio Prelude.

Great buy.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999
    Shack - some days more professional than others :D
    It's only BS if you don't believe in it.....or someone catches ya at it.:D
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I picked up a Prelude for my Halo A21. I immediately noticed more punch in the sound. The other thing that surprised me is that the amp runs much cooler now. I've had the Prelude about a week and I've been monitoring the heat sinks. Much cooler, even after 3 hours at -20dB. The amp must not be struggling for juice to run. I wasn't expecting that, but I guess it makes sense with the larger wire.

Carl
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw
    I wasn't expecting that, but I guess it makes sense with the larger wire.

Carl
    The only good bottle neck is the one that slows down the flow of a newly opened beer that gets tipped over.;)

Glad your A21 is getting the juice it deserves.

He's got some 2M cords on Audiogon for $41 in case the 1M is too short for some of you.
    http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....owr&1145817952

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Awesome cable(Power Punch) Just received one to replace the POS stock cable that came with our Rotel RCD 1072...

Major difference in performance,getting ready to order 3 more to replace all the stock cables in the 2-channel rig...

Thanks guys,a very worthy upgrade:D

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Cheap, hi-fi? Have we all lost our collective minds?

If you give me big copper, and wiggle a proper termination....I'm sold, and pregnant.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Who'da thunk it?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

I just got my first power cords ever, unbelieveably the 2 xtream power punches I ordered from phil.hunt.

I couldn't use them on my tube amp due to too tight of a turn so I used the AQ nrg-2 on the amp and the ps audio on the pre. I got the ps audios about a week ago and couldn't tell much of a difference on the pre by itself.

Today I used the AQ on the amp and wow. Now I know why ps audio calls theirs an extreme punch because the AQ added an immediately noticeable punch to the music. Vocals on singing and saxes on jazz are much more pronounced. At first I hated it because I like a more laid back tube sound but I'm starting to succomb. I can't wait to get some mullard el34's tho.

Vocal ballads and saxes sound phenominal. I was standing listening with a bottle of water in my hand and I could feel the music making the bottle of water vibrate in my hand literally.

It was like the vibrations that were originally in the music were being relayed to me through the speakers, the vocal chords vibrating or the strings on the piano or the reed in the sax all vibrating to create what we know as music and I felt I could hear that and experience it like I had never been able to before.

Today I used the AQ on the amp and wow. Now I know why ps audio calls theirs an extreme punch because the AQ added an immediately noticeable punch to the music.
    Ok, the letters aren't adding up.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Ok, the letters aren't adding up.
    You mean the AQ abbreviation for audioquest?

Yeah, got that. What I was questioning is your why you say you know, "now why PS Audio calls theirs an extreme punch" and then continue with, "because the AQ added an immediately noticeable punch to the music."

So, which power cord is it?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Banned

I would venture to guess that they are both very high quality products and I wouldn't even want to attempt to try to hear a difference between the 2. I'm not knocking either of them and I'm not praising either of them over the other. I base this assumption on the high quality interconnects they both produce and thus assume they wouldn't attempt to sell an inferior power cord.

Of course assuming always get us in trouble but I think this is a pretty safe bet considering the track record of the 2 companies.

Agh!!!

Thread Information