Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Russman to host the Lone Star Bottleheads

Russman will host the next meeting of the Lone Star Bottleheads on March 18th . Check out our website for details.

http://www.wardsweb.org/LSB/

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Very nice! Wish there were a similar group in this part of the country.
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMDPicker
    Very nice! Wish there were a similar group in this part of the country.
    Start one, it's what we did. Just a couple of guys who shared an interest in audio. No dues, no requirements, it's just about having fun.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Originally Posted by Wardsweb
    Start one, it's what we did. Just a couple of guys who shared an interest in audio. No dues, no requirements, it's just about having fun.
    Pretty simple. Most clubs start out this way. Have fun guys.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (21)

Damm.........almost makes me want to move to Tejas, enjoy you lucky devils.

RT1

Edit--come to think of it, dont know if we could do a Ga group, maybe, but we might be able to do a SE thing, I know for sure if I did a local thing, there would be me and well, me.
    Last edited by reeltrouble1; 02-17-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Russ......Lone Star Bottleheads? Must be a brand of beer. ;)
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (40)

I never saw this one, hence the OTHER one.

There is Lone Star, made in San Antonio - but that's rough stuff man.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

*bump*

Just a reminder, the meet is this Saturday, in McKinney TX at my humble abode. All are welcome, these are low key, casual events - good music, good gear, good food, and good friends.

There will be lots of things to check out, several new items, including the XLS series speakers and sub from Onix, Dodd Audio's new battery powered tube preamp, and the usual mix of new, old, and mod.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

If I make it out someone's got to hold Russ down while I make away with his line arrays :-)
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

My new lady will be there, and she'll kick your ass if you mess with my speakers. ;)

Gotta Love Those Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

"Lonestar bottleheads"

Sounds like a Texas AA meeting...WAAAAAAAA!!!!

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

You guys have a great time!

This new offering from Gary would be reason enough to show up.................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	doddbpre1.jpg‎
Views:	175
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	15248   Click image for larger version

Name:	doddbpre2.jpg‎
Views:	159
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	15249  

I am so bummed! If I wasn't taking the wife to a play Saturday night I would be there.

This sucks! Maybe one day I'll make a gathering.:(
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,

Stay away from me with that post count. Pure Evil.

How about now?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,

Quote Originally Posted by cmy330go
    I am so bummed! If I wasn't taking the wife to a play Saturday night I would be there.

This sucks! Maybe one day I'll make a gathering.:(
    Did you tell her you'd rather go to this instead, and she could take one of her friends who would actually enjoy it anyway? ;)

No.....I committed to this a long time ago. Back in October.

Oh Well.
    HT

2 CH

So out of all the Dallas members, my broham Polkmaniac is going to be only one to show his mug?

That's sad. If I need to setup a folding table, and sign 8 x 10's I will guys.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Russ, about what time are you looking at everyone showing up? Is this typically a 'guys only type thing?
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

11-12 until the beer runs out, or tubes start to spit.

There will be a few wives, girlfriends, etc, as always. Good music knows no gender.

Cheers,
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RuSsMaN
    So out of all the Dallas members, my broham Polkmaniac is going to be only one to show his mug?

That's sad. If I need to setup a folding table, and sign 8 x 10's I will guys.
    Damn, that should be enough to keep you from going...

Those of you who have never seen "Rancho de Audio" owe it to yourselves to get over there if you can.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

Go, if you can, these things are a blast. I've been to many home theater meets in my area and even hosted once.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Old School

These meets are great fun...

There's always a variety of gear. Plus the Lonestar group has a hardcore bunch that are into tube designs. You often see little groups off sketching circuits.

Mostly though it ends up being about music with folks scribbling names of CD's onto a buy list.

If Russ' timing was not so good, I'd be attending this one. ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Pictures are up, several manufacturers showed up, we got to demo a breadboard USB DAC, Brines Acoustics Lowthers, Danny from GR research talked about and demoed the new Onix x-ls speakers and subwoofers, and Gary Dodd brought his battery powered tube preamp and a Hybex 200wpc digital amplifier.

http://lonestarbottleheads.org/galle...s.php?album=20
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 03-20-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Fun stuff! I like #12 -- looks like prep for surgery.
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

I'm very jealous.:( Hope you all had a good time! (even though I'm sure ya did)
    HT

2 CH

Old School

Looks like a pretty fair turnout.

What were the stars of the show?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Thread Information