Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Matching Polk Audio Speakers with Denon A/V 2106

Hello,

I'm new to this forum (and to audio system set-ups as this basic question indicates.) I have read some of the past posts about matching speakers with receivers and am having trouble specifically determining which speakers I could use with my Denon 2106 A/V receiver (7.1 channels rated at 100 watts per channel). I would prefer not to add an amplifier to the system (limited space in the components area). The room is a carpeted, wood-paneled, 20x30 den. We would watch movies and listen to music at moderate volume. I don't want the receiver to run hotter than normal.

I had wanted to get LSi 15's and an LSi C but in reading the comments, it appears that these 4 ohm speakers wouldn't work without amps, right?

My fallback was the RTi Line. What is the largest that would work as front speakers with my receiver?

Would a CSi 5 (20-200 watts recommended) work, along with FXi5 surrounds or do I need to drop down to CSi 3 or lower?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I would go with the RTi8's and CSi5. If you can add an amp in the future, they would be even happier. ;)

Hi Danny, welcome to Club Polk!

I would get the RTi8's, CSi5 & FXi5's. As for the Denon, do make sure that you get one that does have pre-outs so that if the situation changes & you want more power you have the option to add it.

Oh & don't forget a good sub to round out the RTi8's. Check out SVS, HSU, or Outlaw for good deals.

Let us know what you end up getting.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thanks Fireshoes and Cfrizz,
    Your suggestions were really good ones. After looking into these possibilities, I believe my 100-watt per cannnel receiver can handle these pariings okay.

I went to a PA dealer today to see and hear these for myself and was quite pleased by all of them, the RTi8's, especially. I thought the FXi 5's were a little large for my back wall, and I couldn't tell a great deal of difference between them and the FXi 3's in the store's sound room. They produced a somewhat fuller sound, but I think I'll be happy with the FXi 3's in my setup.

I purchased the RTi 8's, the Csi 5, and the FXi 3's today and plan to add a subwoofer. I also purchased a Panasonic DVD/VCR combo recorder to go along with my old Pioneer cartridge CD player. (I really love this old CD player that enables me to group my CD's and insert 6 at a time conveniently and wonder why this approach did not catch on. I'll hate it when it finally dies.) I'm looking forward to getting all of this hooked up and in a few weeks or months adding a plasma tv to complete the setup.

Thanks again. I may be back here asking for more help as I try to set all of these components up.....

Best regards,
    Dannyboy

Congrats on your purchase Danny. Let us know how it all sounds & if we can help you out some more.

Cathy
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Thread Information