Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Default Best music ripping and conversion software

I'm looking for the best software available for ripping music from CDs and converting from one format to another. I'd like this all in one package, and need lots of file type support for the conversion piece.

Any thoughts?
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

dbPowerAmp has been my favorite for a long time.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Eac.

dbPowerAmp is the one I downloaded this morning...haven't had a chance to play with it...

I wasn't aware that EAC had built in conversion capability. is there a version out there that has this - it's not in the version I have.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I use EAC with outboard LAME encoder. The perfect combination.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

EAC W/Lame is the HQ standard - IF you use it to it's full potential and know what you are doing. There are a lot of options which may or may not be of use or interest to you.

I use a program that does just about everything and uses lame for encoding. Easy CD-DA extractor. Burns, converts (lots of file types to and fro), extracts etc// a little bit of tagging and even CDDB look. $25 I think it was??
    2. CH: Rega P3-24, Oppo BDP 95, Rogue Ninety Nine Magnum, Rogue Stereo 90, Tyler Linbrook Sig. Monitors, Audio Art Cables, APC H15

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235
    dbPowerAmp has been my favorite for a long time.
    I like IMTOO software, but I had to get DBpoweramp to rip some different stuff, was impressed with DB.

I now use both.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png

Member Sales Rating: (4)

EAC. It's not the friendliest, but it does a better job ripping than anything else out there.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by Polkmaniac
    dbPowerAmp is the one I downloaded this morning...haven't had a chance to play with it...

I wasn't aware that EAC had built in conversion capability. is there a version out there that has this - it's not in the version I have.
    It doesn't but it's by far the best most accurate ripping program out there, not to mention it's free. The name Exact Audio Copy is exactly what it does. Other rippers (to my knowledge) don't extract an exact dupilcate of the .WAV. If you want it done with the best possible results it's going to be a 2 step process. EAC and then what conversion program you want to use.

Personally I use EAC for everything and then for music I'm archiving I use Flac Front End to convert to Flac, I don't bother with Mp3's unless I'm putting on a portable.

It's up to you.......there are a lot of rip and burn programs out there that do a good job, but EAC will give you the best possible result everytime. Just make sure to configure it properly once you DL the program; it will make it run a lot better (faster).

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Well, I'm now convinced to download EAC, if I can ever figure out which version I want! Will somebody help me configure it? I used to use it, but I never could understand all the settings...
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Yeah, EAC is very nice and I've been using it for a while...

However for this project I'm looking to rip new CDs into wma for the car radio, and convert all the CDs I've ripped using APE, FLAC and EAC into WMA - also for that same purpose.

If you're looking for the best quality, EAC is the way to go, but not what I'm looking for...

This DB program is actually working well for me - think I'm gonna stick with it...

Thanks for all the replies
    Main HT

Bedroom System

Office Rig

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I'm not familiar with the program but, if it works reliably everytime, then it sounds like exactly what you need.

H9

Thread Information